15 Sept 2018

A VINTAGE MODEL

I had never thought that at my young age of 75 I was asked to be a model for the tourist brochure of the Belgian province Brabant-Wallon. But it happened and I had an appointment with the fotographer
and the director (a young woman) at the La Hulpe castle.

Punctually at 10 am I was there and the other models arrived too. I thought that 10 am is not such a good choice as we look better in the afternoon, and not when we are just climbing out of the bed.



We had to walk around and pretend that we were tourists. We also had to visit the museum and show interest in the paintings, sculptures, and other creations of an Belgian artist named Folon. I was (nearly) ashamed not to know him ! But his permanent exhibition was quite interesting. We also admired his workshop.












These were all the places were the photo shooting took place



Some of his creations. A fisherman with a high hat, holding fishes which spat water, was one sculpture and the other showed the usual Belgian climate "Rain" There was also a mirror room, where I could admire myself from all sides !



I wouldn't know where to put this creation in my house, it was a man climbing up a ladder and then when the door opened did some gymnastic.



And this sculpture sat in real sand of the Belgian sea and was looking at a painting of the sea. I think I would need a bigger house for all that.

It was fun we all got very well together and after the shooting spent some time on the terrace of the restaurant there and we were offered a drink from the Tourist Federation !!

What a nice day, because it lasted until 2 pm and after that from all this walking around and posing I felt a bit exhausted. Yes, at 20 it was easier !!


also


Linking to Black and white weekend

and Weekend Reflections

12 comments:

  1. Lovely . Keep commenting in my blog because I love your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks as if you had a fascinating day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you never thought you would be a model at your age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A model let us know about your life as a model. Could they possible be more modeling job in your future.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s so cool you got to be a model! Those artworks are very interesting. I love the sculpture of a fisherman with fishes and the man on a ladder :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool. It looks like you're becoming famous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! Gattina, what an adventure! congrats. where will you appear? such a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good on you! Look forward to seeing you in the tourist brochures now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had an interesting day. Will be interesting to see what they make of the photo shoot.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !