17 Sept 2018

WEEKEND SEPTEMBER 15

Saturday I wanted to bring over a cat tower to Nicole's but she wasn't there, so I took an appointment in the nearby garage for my yearly car inspection. And as just opposite was a sports shop I bought a new swimsuit for my aqua gym classes. The old one had become bigger and bigger and was not fitting my body anymore but hanging around in folds ! Although I didn't try it on it fitted perfectly once I tried it at home.

On Sunday was a Festival in the ruins of the Abbey of Villers la Ville called "Ombres et lumières du Moyen Age" (shadows and lights of the middle age)



I wanted to take some pictures of the ruins and the medieval village they had built in. It really looked beautiful.



We met a lot of people directly out of the middle age. A bit scary, but we are used to worse !



The girl who walked the geese was really brave, a German shepherd dog helped her.



I had been often in these Abbey, in all seasons, because it is just so beautiful and seems always to be different.



So much life and laughter and fun in these ruins, seemed almost unreal. And all people were in such a good mood, 



we were laughing and joking together, although we had never seen each other. There was this skinny metal horse and the lady who ate a deliciously smelling onion soup !



This man showed me proudly his helmets, a little boy tried one on and had difficulties to take it off !



some places remained untouched, like here the garden with different herbs and wild flowers, good for the bees.

After two hours of walking around, we left and had a drink in the opposite located Brasserie. The sun was shining and it was warm, what a beautiful day !

7 comments:

  1. I wondered in England about how safe such ruins are to near to or underneath. Clearly some parts have fallen down at some point. Sounds like you had a good day. I like onion soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't laughter grand ole thing.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what fun! A Midevil Fail amongst the Ruins! It looks to be a beautiful day too!
    I love onion soup as well, but French Onion Soup, baked with Gruyere Cheese is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The old abbey is a marvelous setting for that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful day out, looks like great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful abbey. I love to take photos of old, ruined abbeys. There are plenty of them in England.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like such a fun festival. The abbey is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !