21 Sept 2018

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

PHOTO MEMES ARE here


I had to bring my car for the yearly inspection before going through the technical control, which is obligatory when a car is over 4 years old. Then you have to go each year to have it checked if it is still OK. Of course all two years would be sufficient, but it brings money to the always empty piggy bank of the government.

Just opposite of the garage was a sport wear store and as I needed badly a new swimming suit for my aqua gym class, I went there and found one a bit special, it is black and the top red with an inscription "Harley Quinn". I thought about Harley (Davidson) and only looked at the model of the swimming suit. At home I tried it on and it fitted perfectly exactly what I needed !

As usual it was scrabble day and we played in Myriam's garden, it was very warm but very windy too and we had to pay attention that the letters didn't fly away. This time I was again the last one, I think that's why the sun will shine until the end of the week.



Myriam had bought this delicious cake and we ate it all !!

In my aqua gym class the young man who is our "teacher" noticed my new swimming suit and asked me if I knew what was written on my suit. I said no, something with Harley. He laughed and told me that it is the name of Batman's wife and a bad tempered one. None of us vintage girls knew Madame Batman and we had a good laughter. Now my name is made ! And I improved my general knowledge !


My swimming suit and Mrs. Batman ! I hope my grandson will appreciate !

In our painting course we learned a new technique for painting modern art acrylic !



It was really very interesting you don't even need a brush, you just need a canvas your colors, glue, water and a silicone spray, mix the whole stuff and let it run over the canvas ! It gives amazing results !!

Waterloo has communal elections and one politician asked me if he could put his picture besides our mailbox. As he is the only one I like from the whole lot, I said yes of course immediately




In the afternoon two guys came put up the pictures and now he smiles besides our mailbox ! I hope the stick is not an invitation for disrespectful dogs !






more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

13 comments:

  1. I forget how long I have been reading someone's blog. I remember when you bought the car, it seems not so long ago. There are lots of remarks I could say about your Harley (motorcycle)swimsuit, but I will stay nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny about the swimsuit!!!!

    I despise politician signs but at least you have one you like!!

    Art class sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice swimsuit! I thought Harley Quinn was with one of Batman's villains, the Joker - but then I'm not up on all that like my kids are. The paint technique sounds like fun. I saw a video recently of someone putting paints in a bowl with slits and then sitting the bowl on top of an old vinyl record while it spins, and it made amazing designs. That cake looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake looks absolutely delicious. Your swimsuit provided a funny moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny -- now you are a Batman villain! -- I knew I'd heard the name Harley Quinn before but couldn't think why.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I smiled about the swimsuit. Beautiful looking cake, hope it tasted as good as it looks. Interesting technique for a canvas, you should do some step by step photos so that we could all have a go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, the cake looks delicious! I did not know Batman had a wife! I'm sure Savannah and Quinn could tell me.
    I have decided I must find an art class. I so enjoy working with my hands and would love to be involved with a group.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, I had a good laugh about the swimsuit. Good thing you lost at scrabble so you can enjoy that sunshine for the rest of the week. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! Yes, we need to be careful to not misrepresent ourselves with our choices in clothing (and swimsuits).
    You definitely stay busy with all your activities. I think it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. susanhttps://fruitfulwords.wordpress.com24 Sept 2018, 02:59:00

    I laughed when you said you hoped the stick would not be something the dogs would like to use.
    I am intrigued with your new painting technique. I want to try that soon. Thanks for sharing.
    How fun that you got a perky new swimsuit and a nickname. I also didn't know that Batman had a wife.
    That cakes looks like a special treat. I can see why y'all ate it all up.
    I hope your weather is agreeable this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dogs may have opinions about politicians even though they cannot vote!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !