14 Sept 2018

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

Instead of playing "Sunday" on Monday and doing nothing I had a lot of computer work ! I had continued my travel posts this time on Hamburg in Germany. It's not so easy to remember and put the photos in place ! That took me the whole morning !



From my son's weekend visit I had a whole Camembert cheese left and invented a plate. A lay of  roasted potatoes, slices of eggplants, red and yellow pepper and zucchini. The Camembert came on the top and the whole thing in the micro wave. Quickly done and Mr. G. ate like a horse !

It was my turn to receive my Scrabble friends, we were only 4 but that was nice, one was on holidays and the other occupied with her gardener, I mean with garden work of course.



Mireille who is half blind won again !! And I lost (as usual)

I had got an email from my travel agency about our "girl's" holidays end November and went over to Nicole.



Her little cat cross eyed at me with her huge blue eyes, what a cutie she is. We discussed our holidays I had thought there was something wrong, but it wasn't !

Slowly we prepare our yearly exhibition of our painting class. I am in charge of taking photos of the pictures, put them together and create a poster !



These 4 of mine, this year I have only painted a few cats, I started to paint abstract, with the help of a dishwasher brush and a sponge.



After painting class we were hungry and went together for lunch. I had fish in a special sauce was delicious.

Each time I come home there is cat Arthur showing up from nowhere



and rolls around to show me how happy he is that I am back ! What a welcome !







more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.


13 comments:

  1. Your paintings are lovely. Wow, you make up the advertising poster? That requires skills I want to learn.
    Your new dish looks and sounds quite tasty. I can understand why it was a hit with your husband.
    Hurray on getting more holiday photos sorted. Having your "memories" in visual form will be lovely to revisit whenever the mood strikes.
    I hope your week is a happy one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blind person winning Scrabble amuses me. Always good to see photos of Arthur. Did you know children in Amsterdam are the happiest children in the world because they have such bicycle freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your abstracts! Very beautiful. Where will your next adventure be to? I am so fond of Siamese Cats, as I was raised with them growing up. I love their crossed eyes and their distinctive meow!
    I am sorry I have not been around this week. I have been grieving my darling little Greta, and I am just now able to move on in life. I know it was the right thing to do, but it is never easy to let our pups go, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all is well with your next holiday plans. The dish you prepared looks really tasty. Impressive art work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work on your paintings!

    Arthur is irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A busy week as usual for you. I like your abstracts but I always like seeing pics of cats, real or otherwise. Do you play with a braille scrabble set?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looove Camembert cheese! Your plate looks so yummy!
    Those paintings are beautiful. Love the cute kitty painting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like your paintings - and like the cat painting the best. :-) --Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Camembert dish you invented sounds and looks delicious! I always enjoy coming here and seeing all that you've been up to. It looks like you've been up to having lots of fun with your art class and Scrabble. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Arthur loves you! The camembert/veggie dish looks amazing -- we would love that. I like your abstract paintings. I have read that you should choose a painting for colors that make you feel good instead of the picture itself -- the article said that after a while you don't really notice the subject of the painting (after it has been hanging on your wall for some time) and really only the color that can lift your spirits. I'm not an artist, but that kind of made sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have not tried Camembert, but that dish looks great! Sounds like a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your busy schedule always amazes me. The Scrabble games would be a fun weekly activity. And the paintings are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !