7 Sept 2018

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

PHOTO MEMES ARE here


Another week flew by and now that I am back to routine life the time seems to run faster ! Each and every day it's the same, or almost.

I started the week with doing nothing, I rested from my weekend. Nothing means watching TV, my little crime stories which Mr. G had recorded for me during my absence, so I have to watch a lot. I also have to "work" on my computer.



Sometimes Facebook is a good invention, because I got some pictures from my travel pals, like this one which was taken at breakfast shortly before we all took off to different directions. 

And suddenly it was supper time.

A miracle happened when we played Scrabble on Tuesday, I was second ! That had never happened. I had always been the last ! After scrabble we had a delicious cake which our friend had made herself and we made plans for the forthcoming season, concerning the activities our city organizes for the seniors. It will start in October with a theatre play. Of course we will all go !

Due to the sudden rain and humid weather, the grass had grown and the bushes too ! My neighbor who lives alone now in the house just in front of ours since her mother passed away, mowed our lawn while we were absent ! What a nice surprise. It had suddenly grown that high that it was too difficult for  our "Oscar" the robot to mow the lawn. Now he can do it again.

"School" officially had started again, and although we are all retired we were forced to respect the school holidays.

Now in September we could start our painting class again.



It was very nice to see each other again and we admired the new decorations in our "class room" and at the entrance of the retirement home where we have our classes.

For the moment the mussels are on the menus of all restaurants, and I had the feeling of a pregnant women, I HAD to eat mussels with good Belgian fries (not French)



and they were delicious in the new "Lunch Garden" of the renovated Carrefour store.



When I came home Arthur appeared as usual from nowhere and meowed me a "hallo"




more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Scrabble game!! Maybe next time you will come in first!!

    It's kitty! Gotta show my oldest gal as she loves cats but we can't have them as I'm way too allergic.

    How fun to have a play to look forward to as well as other city events.

    That was so kind of your neighbor to do your yard work!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mussels. Licking my lips. They are tiny here at the moment. I want big fat juicy mussels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gattina, I love reading here. The picture that someone had posted of your group when you were traveling turned out well. It looks like a lovely group of people to be with!

    How nice of your neighbor to mow your lawn. That is the kind of neighbor to have!

    Isn't it nice to have a pet to welcome you home like Arthur does to you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arthur is good company to come home to!

    I've never played scrabble. I remember my grandparents did, and they would play it in Dutch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for scoring 2nd place on scrabble!
    Love the photo with your travel friends. Everyone looks like having fun :-)
    Hello to Arthur! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on the scrabble. Lovely group shot and the art classroom looks very inviting. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on coming second in the Scrabble game! That's great that your city has so many activities for seniors. The play sounds fun! That was so nice of your neighbors to cut your grass. The decorations in your paint class look very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Om Fridays I take part in paint party friday
    http://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on your scrabble game. The mussels certainly look good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How nice that Arthur meows a hello when you come home. He is a sociable guy, isn't he?

    That is nice that your city organizes events for the seniors. You have quite an active group of folks to do things with. I organize events for the seniors at my church. The next thing we are going to is an historic tour of a local cemetery.

    Congrats on coming in second. That is something to be proud of.

    I hope you have a restful week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So looks like you are back to normal activities again. I must scroll back and see what you have been up to. I've been out of bogland for a while catching up with other interests.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All life seems to revolve around school schedules even when we're old! For that reason, September still seems like the start of a new year. The mussels look delicious. Is there a difference of Belgium fries or is it just your better name for the same thing?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good job on your Scrabble success. Nice picture of you and your friends. It's nice to have pictures to remember those fun times with people. Arthur is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that photo of your travel companions. It looks like you had a great group.
    Congratulations on the Scrabble success!
    It is good to get back in the autumn routine again of painting and plays.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !