5 Sept 2018

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY





Goulash soup served in Estonia


more participants here
Image-in-ing


********


This has nothing to do with the goulash soup above, it is just about a thing I never thought of !

One of my friends who joined us said that she just had bought a pyjama. Nothing strange about that, but then she added : for my suitcase.

You are going on holidays we asked ? No she said it's my emergency suitcase. I never had heard of an emergency suitcase,  only for a pregnant woman ! That's what I had when I was pregnant in case we had to hurry into the hospital.

But obviously that wasn't her case. She explained that living alone you never know what happens and in case she has to be brought to hospital, she has her suitcase ready with all necessary things she would need there.

First I thought what a stupid idea even if you don't live alone, I wonder if Mr. G. will be able to pack my suitcase ! But then I thought after all that's not such a bad idea, especially for people who think of everything which could happen to them.



I am sure that I will do the suitcase ! indeed it's practical, but tomorrow I have no time, then I don't have an adequate pyjama therefore I should do some shopping, maybe next week ? Or certainly next month ? Anyway I will do it one day, I swear I have the intention !
That's already something.  !



Maybe I won't need it after all ??

14 comments:

  1. hopeful ;-)ly you wont need it, but it is a good idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit I have had an emergency bag at the ready for a few years now. Ever since I fell and broke my arm a few years ago and a friend brought in my coffee stained and cat hair covered dressing gown but no tooth brush. Now I have included in my bag a book and money and all comforts. so I don't plan on being too sick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully you won't ever need it, but it is a good idea. Since Gerards heart attack I must admit to having bags packed for us both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a great idea, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's certainly a good idea but like you I will probably have good intentions of doing it but never actually get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet the flavor is nice, too. Pronounced.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I went into hospital in Norway (planned), I didn't really know what to bring and in the end, I wore their stuff until I left. I just have to hope that my sister will know what to grab whenever I go into hospital unexpectedly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do wonder with a dish like that if the soup or stew will leak through the bread before you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm the goulash soup looks so yummy!
    I think I need to get emergency suitcase! It's always good to be prepared :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reading that made me somewhat sad for your friend who would have to think of taking care of herself...even when she couldn't.
    But she is wise indeed.

    Thank you for sharing.
    I am thinking about my suitcase now.

    - Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks wonderful! Yummy! thanks for sharing. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so funny. Boll's doctor accidentally killed him at our last visit to his rooms. He was showing us on his computer which was getting messages from Bill's pacemaker when the doctor said lets look at how week your heart is and turned off the pacemaker and the heartbeat line went flat. The Dr said oops and quickly turned the pacemaker back on and asked Bill if he felt okay. Bill said he started to feel like he was going to pass out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laughing about the cartoons. I guess that's what I think will happen to me because I am not prepared for anything else. They do tell you to have a suitcase prepared in case of an evacuation -- earthquake, hurricane, tsunami, fire -- there's always a chance something like might happen in either of the places where we live. you are supposed to have your medicines and anything else you can't live without for a few days on hand where you can grab them easily. I should. But I don't.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !