2 Sept 2018

WEEKEND REVIEW SEPT 2

This weekend was a big flea market and other festivities in Waterloo. All boutiques and shops along the main street had reduced their prices by 20 % of which of course I took advantage when I returned from Ilona. I had spend the afternoon in her garden and had talked about my travels of course.

I finally bought the yellow blouse which you can see below !

The park was packed with people who sold all kind of stuff ! Clothes, tools, furniture, lamps, toys etc ! It was amazing what people had to sell or give away for nearly nothing.











I was with Nicole and Ilona and another friend and we looked at all the things for sale. Ilona found a nice sued jacket which suited her very well.



We watched young girls performing dances



and saw the orchestra walking by



Two soldiers wanted to make a picture with us !





and a clown too ! Unfortunately the one who took the pictures must have pushed on the wrong button because I have no photo with Nicole and me and the clown.

We ended the afternoon sitting in front of an Italian restaurant and had a few drinks. I met a lot of people from the past which I hadn't seen for ages. My first neighbor in this street with her son whom I had seen as a baby and now was the father of one ! A colleague with his wife whom I hadn't seen since a long time either and a few other people. It was a real village this day.

It had been a very nice and funny afternoon and I was a bit tired when I finally returned home !

6 comments:

  1. That was a great festival -- what a good day. Your town seems to know how to do things right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how wonderful the festival looked! I loved your new shirt and the picture of the clown is super! It looks like the weather was also pleasant!
    We are back to very high temperatures and very humid air! Yuk! It is just exhausting.
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great event. So much happening as well as meeting up with old friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had super fun day! How nice you got to meet people you know from long time ago :-)

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !