23 May 2018

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY - WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE

PHOTO MEMES ARE here





Marathon sleep



more participants here



*******


1. The last place you visited/patronized where you felt like you were given 'the royal treatment'?

Or I am always getting a royal treatment or I can't remember

2. The last task you completed that was a 'royal pain'?

I never heard this expression : because when I am in pain I always think, now my end is near, so I don't know what should be royal in this situation ?

3. How have your strengths helped you succeed? How have your faults hindered you?

My faults ?? can't remember that I was hindered by anything in my professional life !  And at home the fault I have is that housework is not my cup of tea and that maybe hinders something in the house ?

4. If you found a remote that could rewind, fast forward, stop and start time, what would you do with it?

If it still looks nice and clean and works I would use it instead of ours because ours becomes old and is a bit used up ! Or maybe I should sell it ? Who needs a remote control ?

5. Any special plans for the Memorial Day weekend? Will you in some way honor or recognize the meaning of this day (remembering people who died in service to their country)? Have you ever been to Arlington National Cemetery? Does your town do anything special to mark the day?

I never visited Arlington. 

There was no Memorial day this past weekend nowhere in Europe (to my knowledge) .. We celebrated Pentecoste (whitsun) although a lot of people enjoyed the long weekend without knowing what Pentcoste meant or why the day was off. I remember that Jesus went again to heaven according to my 8 year old son who had learned it at school : Jesus died and weeks later he was still alive and went to heaven. I have no idea if my grandson knows that ! We stayed home and enjoyed the nice weather !

6. Insert your own random thought here

I think that I have to call the Russian embassy to ask for a visa and what documents they need.  I hope there is not too much papers to be filled in ! Since I am retired I am allergic to all paperwork !








11 comments:

  1. Oh, you are going to Russia? How exciting! I have been one time. I got off the plane and was walking down a ramp (under construction) and tripped on a piece of plywood and landed in the arms of a Russian Police Officer with a machine gun! I was horrified and worried I would end up in jail! I did not of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I found a remote? Let me tell you that I can't even watch TV- We have four remotes and I don't even know which to begin with- I watch Netflix on my computer-

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubs has been to Russia. My brother-in-law worked there for a while and they do love their paperwork. Good luck with the process! Memorial Day is like Remembrance Day in the UK if that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to Russia? How fabulous! I have always wanted to visit the Hermitage Museum. I took several Russian history courses in college and loved them. Do you have a special celebration on November 11? Moment of silence or a service at a memorial? I know when we lived in Belgium, there were a lot of commemorative events on that day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute cat! I hope you have a great time while visiting Russia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness, as a bus driver you don't often get the Royal treatment, but on one or two occasions I got the best room in the hotel, which I was always very happy about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a seriously relaxed cat!

    One of our local cemeteries, which I've visited, has a couple of sections designated as a national military cemetery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never heard of Pentcoste. I've been to Arlington National Cemetery once before, long long time ago, and I think it was on Memorial Day.
    You are going to Russia? I hope you will have a fun and safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. MOL, fine minds think alike. Our wordless Wednesday is a photo of two feline couch potatoes (well, actually one couch potato (me) , the other feline( Lily) is sleeping on a rocking chair).
    Purrs & Head Bonks,
    Alberto & The Tribe of Five

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOLOLOL!! YES!! Sell the remote!!
    Best answer yet!!
    Love it!

    - Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your kitty and mine could be litter mates.
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2018/05/james-taylor-gotta-love-him.html

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !