23 Nov 2017

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY - ABC WEDNESDAY - WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE



Dog toy, 10 min later ....


more participants here




 **********

HODGEPODGE

1. Tradition...how tightly do you cling to tradition when it comes to holiday gatherings and celebrations? For instance do you always do the cooking, never eat at home, always go to grandma's, never miss the parade, always watch football, never change the menu, always eat at 2 PM, etc.? Have you ever celebrated Christmas or Thanksgiving away from hearth, home, and family? How did that feel?

The only tradition I really cling to is Christmas, all the other celebrations are not so important. For me Christmas is Christmas Eve the 24th where my whole life we always celebrated the same way until my grandson was born. Now we celebrate the 25th opening the gifts on the 25th in the morning half asleep, in pyjama and not as I was used too the 24th evening when we started at 5 or 6 with an apperitif unwrapped the gifts had a nice Pierrade in the last years (before it was Fondue Bourgignone) On Christmas day the children could play with their new toys and everything was relaxed. Now for me Christmas is not the same anymore so they can celebrate as they want or not at all.



pierrade



 Fondu

We also have celebrated Christmas in Tenerife and Egypte the English way and had a lot of fun especially when at Christmas morning several Father Christmas swam in the pool in a very cheerful mood. And it was so nice and warm !!

2. Help...is it easy for you to ask for help or are you a do-it-yourselfer? How is that a good/bad thing?
When I really can't do it myself I have no problem to ask somebody for help. Of course when the somebody needs help I help out too if I can. I think it's not bad but ridiculous not to ask and end up in the hospital !

3. Abundance...what is there an abundance of in your kitchen?

Certainly not what you expect



Cats out of my cat collection !

4. Name...the smallest thing you're thankful for? the biggest?
A ray of sunshine, a sunny day

5. Key...What do you think is the key to living a more grateful life?
That's a difficult question. I am always in war with keys because I misplace them I mean the place is the same only the key has changed place. So a key for a more grateful life ??  I can't find for the moment must be hidden somewhere. One day I will find it. It's not the house or the car key therefore not so important


6. State your own random thought here.
For the moment my thoughts are how do I get dressed ? It's cold, it rains do I need 1, 2 or 3 pullovers, a cardigan ? which one ? Which Jeans should I wear, the thick or the thinner .... and so on. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !