13 Dec 2013
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. While on Monday we did our Aqua Gym hopping around in the warm water, the group who had their gym just before us had a Christmas party. So at 10 am they were dressed with Father Christmas hats, laughed and chatted and it became loud and louder because they had some bottles of champagne and a nice cake. And while we were suffering in the water, they jumped around the swimming pool, with their Champagne glasses, Christmas hats and barefoot of course. I should have taken a picture !
2. Although I have already bought most of the Christmas gifts, there are still some bits and pieces missing. I went to Waterloo's center for a shopping round and saw that now the Christmas decoration was done. They had started just after St. Nick's and in the Shopping Gallery it was finished.
There was a nice Christmas tree and the Boutiques had done their best for a festive look. I found what I wanted and returned home.
Just opposite the Gallery for the first time a Christmas market is built up, with these little chalets, all the other years it had been in a huge tent. It will be opened this weekend.
3. Very close to Waterloo, in the most expensive of the 19 municipalites of Brussels, where actors, singers and other celebrities have their homes, a Christmas market should take place. They had made a lot of publicity and I thought I take the bus because it's impossible to find a parking space in this area and have a look.
It was very disappointing because there were just 5 chalets selling food to eat there or take away ! Oysters with Champagne, a wine and beer chalet, African food and Hamburgers !
I walked through the very expensive Shopping Gallery and disappointed I went back.
4. In the bus on my way back a group of young 14-15 years old students climbed into the bus. As they were gesticulating with their hands I thought it must be a noisy Italian group. But they were so silent, and didn't disturb anybody. After a short moment I realized that we had stopped at the deaf and dumb school of Brussels and although the young students seemed to have a lot of fun because they laughed and laughed, pushed each other and behaved like normal students but in a total silence. It was a bit of a strange feeling for me, but they seemed to be all very happy.
5. I finally found the Christmas tree decoration I wanted to put on the tree for my little grandson Toby. Little bears, snowmen angels etc. The balls too have Disney designs.
Rosie had to check and then sat in there as model.