30 Jun 2012

THE CAMELS AND I

I know that cats and dogs like me or even love me, when we met. I am not afraid of dogs neither of cats and they must smell that I won't do them any harm. If I meet a dog or a cat it doesn't last long that the cats settle down on my lap, and the dogs come towards me and wave friendly with their tail.

What I didn't know was, that camels love me too ! But they are a little big to sit on my lap so I haf to do the other way around.



It was not difficult to climb on its "lap"



Finally I was comfortably installed in the saddle



It swung me softly through the sand



and checked from time to time if I was still there




Sometimes his owner left me alone and it followed the others, or tried to give the neighbor girl a kiss, which made me slip in my saddle !



Far too soon, only half an hour, the ride ended and I had to say good bye



What did my camel do ? It fell on the sand and rolled around like a happy cat or a dog !



It was quiet impressive and I had to watch that he didn't roll against my legs !



at the end it gave me a big smile and said good bye !

I wished I had a camel here and could do my shopping with it, riding from our house to the shopping center and watch people from high above ! It's certainly quiet easy to find a "parking" place for it.

Pictures taken in Tunisia




7 comments:

  1. Oh that would be the best to have a camel ride to the store.Life was good when people could do such things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a marvelous little trip on a camel! I wish I could do it with you! Your camel looks so nice! With you it became like a cat!!!! It's magical! and what a beautiful smile it did!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a marvelous little trip on a camel! I wish I could do it with you! Your camel looks so nice! With you it became like a cat!!!! It's magical! and what a beautiful smile it did!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is good that he lived you. I have heard that Camels can spit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your camel friends looks like a really nice fellow! :)
    God bless you!
    Cezar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Park the camel? Well, I wouldn't go near if he were to bear its teeth at me like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, very good, I rode one many years ago, trouble was I didn't know which way they got up, thinking it was front feet 1st I leaned forward, but alas it got up back feet 1st and hence i went right over its head lol.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !