20 Aug 2011

STEALING IN A MUSEUM ?

Today amongst other things I showed Claudie and her daughter the Wellington Museum in Waterloo. With the entrance ticket she also got a blue guide phone which gave her all explanations of the exposed things in the language of her choice.



Wellington and Claudie

Apparently she was so impressed by Wellington, that when we were already on the street she still had her and her daughter's guide phone in her hands. I asked her if she wanted to take it home as souvenir because she hadn't realized that she still had them. She returned to the Museum's reception and gave them back while her daughter and I laughed our heads off.

8 comments:

  1. How funny! I can imagine you were way too busy talking!! Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think museums can be a bit overwhelming at times so it can be very easy to walk out still holding those guide phones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet she was mortified! I am on your side Claudie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just finished watching a movie on The Man who lost his head, supposedly a maori head at the Imperial British Museum was asked to return to New Zealand. eventually, they just left a replica in the Museum. Nobody needed to know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoops, a senior moment! We all have them. I'm surprised no-one came racing out of the museum after her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Easily done! It made me laugh too. A x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh dear! at least she was kind enough to return it.. i could imagine some people taking such things for a souvenir.. well for such people they do take anything..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha ha... oh my how fun! I can here your laughs all over here! *giggles*

    ...though that would easily been done by us two too... we have no brain at all left here... hi hi..

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !