10 Sept 2010

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE



more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

1. On Monday I met my new Aqua Gym group and it was very nice ! We had a lot of fun, we were only 5, and I had a lot of room for swimming between the exercises After working the lower part of the body we get a massage with a cold water jet (shiver) and then after working the upper part another massage but in the water. I love to swim, although I don't like water in my face !

2. After the sunny weekend it had started to rain again, which made me stay inside, I just went to my favorite book shop, which only sells used books and this in all languages ! I bought 3, one in German, one in French and one in English. Now I have enough to read ! I love to read in my bed before I switch off the light.

3.



Mr. G. had bought two big bags of bark to put in our garden. I put them along the entrance. Underneath I had put a plastic so that weeds can't grow. It's very easy to entertain. As usual Arthur is my model to present things, he is also the one who digs there and spreads the bark all over !

4. Rain is not only unpleasant but it is also dangerous for your wallet ! To get out of the house I went to the "Carrefour" store, there was a big sale going on, because the store will be closed. We actually have two Carrefours in Waterloo, and apparently the management thought it was too much. As there was 30 to 50 % on all prices I couldn't resist to buy some baby stuff for little grandson to come. It's not my fault it is the fault of the rain ! When the sun is shining I don't go in shops !!



A little play mat in form of a cute hippo



and some indispensable things, like a little lamb and kitty to cuddle and stars to put over the bed.

5. The best thing I did this week was visiting the exposition of one of the most famous cartoonists in Belgium "Kroll" ! He is absolutely great especially when it comes to the more then complicated politics in this little country.



The Waterloo exposition building from outside



and inside.

I took some pictures of his cartoons. Of course most of them concerned the Belgian politicians and the King who plays the role of an arbiter. But I selected a few just to show you what he does and translated the text for you.















I think it was the first exposition in my whole life where all people were laughing like mad !

14 comments:

  1. I used to love sing Dominique niki niki nik, my Chinese mum asked what kind of English song is it? keep singing niki niki niki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cat is beautiful!!!

    I love the cartoon of Adam and Eve...very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long before the little one arrives?

    ReplyDelete
  4. FINALLY you shop for that little man! I do NOT need rain to make me behave so! Only Luz to guide me to the "baby aisle"! :)

    Arthur would be in heaven in my yard - though there is no such beautiful sidewalk (which sweeps easily) to scatter the mulch on! He could only spread it around the part of the yard not MEANT to be spread... which does NOT sweep so easily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like you had a good week, in spite of the weather.
    The toys are SO cute! I like the lamb and the cat especially.
    Your yard looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been a colder summer here too. I feel like we haven't had summer at all yet and here it is almost fall.

    I love bark along walkways and Arthur models it off very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rainy days and bookstores go together nicely. Is it just as easy for you to read in one language as another? I read in both English and Spanish, but English is easier for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gattina, thanks for popping over to my blog today. The muslims are faithful during Ramadan for sure.And Eid has passed so peacefully here in the Sudan. I love Arthur helping with the garden. Much like my Shadow. Under my feet, arms,all around while I work. Ha to the cartoonist expo. Very good Friday you had. Greetings from Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is always nice to have an excuse to shop. ;) And plus, shopping for grandchildren doesn't really count!

    Thanks for sharing and translating the cartoons. Sounds like it was a fun time.

    BTW I visited Waterloo about 10 years ago. It was an interesting visit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so impressed that you can read books in three languages! I do speak a second language but would still need my dictionary for vocabulary. Your kitty is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Gattina! you are cracking me up blaming the rain on buying some fun things for the grandbaby coming! I'm glad a good sale was happening. Sounds like a good busy week for you despite the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a great exhibition. Nice building too!

    (I'm ashamed to admit that I already libe in Brussels for 4 years now and I have never been to Waterloo!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Books in French, German AND English! I'm impressed!

    Love the items for your coming grandson. You and I have soemthing in common, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !