6 Sept 2010

WHAT DID YOU DO THIS WEEKEND ?



Helps you to remember what you have done on the weekend of September 4, 2010. You never know if you need an alibi ! If you participate please leave your link.

On Saturday, sunshine and 19 °C were announced ! I thought that is a nice opportunity to take the train to Brussels North and walk from there to the most busiest shopping street called "Rue Neuve" and have a little look around the North station where I hadn't been for ages.



I didn't recognize anything besides the old North Station building (on the picture) and the Rue Neuve, and a few old houses, but they had disappeared in the wood of glass boxes which house insurance companies and banks (of course) What an ugly part of Brussels ! Although they had tried to make it nice.

30 years ago I had to take the train every day because my office was located behind the North station and every morning I had to go through the red light zone, where the girls were sitting in their windows and knitted and when I saw the knitting needles and the wool laying on the chair, I knew that they were "working". After a while I knew them all and we greated each other every morning. But apparently they too had been moved and are now a little farer from the station. Poor insurance and bank male employees.

On Sunday a miracle happened ! Warm weather and sunshine was announced and Ilona and I decided to jump in my car and hurry to the sea to enjoy maybe the last summer day of this year.

We had taken our seats along and a pic nic and the first thing I did when we had settled down, I dropped my noodle salad in the sand ! I tried to save a little bit with my fork, but soon it was full of sand and impossible to eat. Fortunately Ilona had enough salad for the two of us ! I had to burry my salad, but I didn't put any decoration on the grave.



Doesn't it look like summer ?



People were feeding seagulls and we watched and we laughed about the dog who was digging like mad and threw the sand all around as you can see. Fortunately it wasn't the place where I had burried my noodles, otherwise they also would have flown around !

When we had enough from the sun we walked along the beach until we found a café where we had a wonderful Brussels waffel with fruits and whipped cream and a coffee ! It was so good, that I forgot to take a picture !


9 comments:

  1. Wow, Gattina, glad about the fairer weather for you this weekend. And nice post about the shopping street and North Station. I bet you got to know the girls as you rode past every day. All in a day's work, hey? And I love the seaside scenes. Sorry about your noodle salad. Glad that dog didn't dig it up. I've also linked my weekend (Friday and Saturday) to you. Have a wonderful day, my friend. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what I did wrong this week with Mr. Linkey. Bear with me. I am getting the hang of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhh you celebrated my birthday in WONDERFUL fashion! It was too cool for the beach here - I'm glad you got to enjoy the beach there! I found OTHER fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. So sorry you lost your noodles ... but it was also kind of funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The thought of your noodle salad in an unmarked grave cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a weekend update I do every Monday. I love the meme, would love to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful weekend fun and a last summer hoorah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so sorry to hear about the salad but I am sure the birds will find it. They won't mind the sand cause it helps them digest.So you did a good deed.
    Here the birds come and take your food away in the same manner.
    They have poor table manners lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been digging like that dog for over a month now. Haven't found anything. Still digging.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !