29 Nov 2007
13 QUOTES ABOUT FAMILY
Christmas family gatherings are coming up and not all are full of harmony. Here are 13 quotes about family :
1. Family is just accident.... They don't mean to get on your nerves. They don't even mean to be your family, they just are.
2. The great gift of family life is to be intimately acquainted with people you might never even introduce yourself to, had life not done it for you.
3. When our relatives are at home, we have to think of all their good points or it would be impossible to endure them.
4. A family is a unit composed not only of children but of men, women, an occasional animal, and the common cold.
5. Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space.
6. Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.
7. If you don't believe in ghosts, you've never been to a family reunion
8. Having a family is like having a bowling alley installed in your brain.
9. The place of the father in the modern suburban family is a very small one, particularly if he plays golf.
10. Important families are like potatoes. The best parts are underground.
11. If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance.
12. Having children makes you no more a parent than having a piano makes you a pianist.
13. One of life's greatest mysteries in a family is how the boy who wasn't good enough to marry your daughter can be the father of the smartest grandchild in the world.