26 Nov 2007

UNFINISHED PROJECTS



Blue Momma is hosting this week's Fun Monday. She wants to see our unfinished projects.
Please go to her blog to see the other participants.


MANIC MONDAY LINK

MANIC MONDAY WORD "RANK"

Since I am belonging now to the rank of retired women, I don't have a lot of unfinished projects. The reason is, I have time ! More than enough.

When you are working, or have kids (that doesn't mean that mothers have nothing to do) or both, then you often start a project and you don't finish it because you have no time. When I was working I often had very nice projects, but then more important things came up so finally I ranked them in the last line of my priorities and then I forgot. When I found them long time after, I looked at that unfinished thing and wondered why I had had such an idea !

Today the only things I leave as unfinished projects are in my art works, that means painting. I start a new painting with my head full of ideas and then I have to leave it because I go on holidays or whatever and when I come back I am sitting there and look at this unfinished painting and wonder what I wanted to paint exactly.

This happened just now when I came back from Egypt. Our teacher of my painting group had asked us as theme for the year to come, to choose a painter from the Impressionists and paint in the same way as he did. I choose van Gogh amongst the impressionists. Not because he ended up in a mad house and cut off one of his ears, but because I love his paintings.

I had started, and I found this when I came back.



Was I inspired by this



or that ?


I don't remember. Now my problem is what did I want to do exactly ? Copying the painting is not allowed. I only should use his painting style. My classmates complained that there is no cat on my painting and without a cat it's not a painting from me, van Gogh or not van Gogh. (cat paintings here) I think he didn't like cats because he never painted one. So maybe to finish this painting project I will hide a cat in the cornfield and put an arrow to show where she is ? Maybe I will start another painting and then paint in one shot for sometime until it's finished. That's what I usually do.

Another project remained unfinished and it's getting late. Usually I transform pebbles into cats like here :




and sell them for Christmas. This year I started in October and then for some unknown reason I just stopped. Now I have the painted pebbles but they don't look like cats at all. Probably I will keep this project until next year.

A proverb says "If you want to start something new, wait until you don't want to start it anymore". I admit this proverb is a little deformed by me.

Other projects :



(Press the button to kill my Daddy)



22 comments:

  1. I love your painted pebbles!! Of course they have to be cats :) Where do you sell them? Our major Xmas-market starts on Dec 6th...

    I'd love to see your Vincent-inspired paintings!
    Happy Monday !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cat rocks, they "rank" right up there! Must be time consuming, looks very meticulously done. Happy MM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know its not finished but the painting is quite interesting already. I love the top section, it causes you to stop and ponder over what is there. I think you have a hidden talent there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Gatttina....I'll send you my home address and you can give me some of those painted pebbles! How cool is that? I LOVE these.

    You're VERY talented with a paint brush. I'm amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i couldn't open the painting, but the pebbles... my goodness!

    once you've exhausted the world of cats, i have a couple of dogs you are free to paint. they are nearly as lazy as cats and will sit still for long periods of time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gattina...to answer your question about the Christmas meme...you can do it ANY time you want. But, I'd appreciate that you let me know so I can come read all there is about YOUR holiday traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gattina, love your little cat pebbles the soo cute...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gattina that was a wonderful post today. You will never be busier than after you retire.

    p.s. I like the cat pebbles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your post Gattina. Also how beautiful and affective is your blog header pic!

    Come visit me at Work of the Poet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved your post. What a fun, manic Monday! Great cat rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those kitties. And I bet they don't vomit on your carpet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. we all know unfinished projects! I've got lots. Love those rocks and would love to see your painting but for some reason it doesn't show up on my computer- just that dreaded white box with an x in it. Have a great manic monday and have fun finishing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not crafty at all, so me making anything is out of the question. I would be just rank if I tried. Have a great MM Gattina. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute pebbles! I'm a cat person so I love these. And I went to Egypt about 12 years ago. It was such a fascinating place.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your kitty pebbles are adorable! what a great hobby...even if you are done with it for right now..

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Van Gogh! I wish I could see your painting. It doesn't show up for me. I do like the pebble cats, though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your painting looks great, but you should definitely add a cat! And the pebbles are very cute, too. I have a hard time turning down anything cat related.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the cat pebbles!

    Now I don't feel so guilty about unfinished projects...I'm raising a daughter, and working - which should take priority. I'll have the rest of my life to finish projects, after she's gone off to do other things.

    Thanks for the perspective - I will now shed my guilt!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The ranks of the retired...now that's good.

    Happy MM!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pebbles into cats?? I'm sitting here amazed by that! I can't even imagine how time consuming that must be.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your pebbles look like cats to me. I once painted a large rock to look like a sleeping cat. It made the best door stop. I don't know what happened to it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh you are a lovely artist! I love seeing your new creations!

    I look forward to having enough time on my hands. It's good that you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !