26 May 2007

SH...T - I HAVE BEEN TAGGED !

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
"Colorful" pictures are here




That's what Pookie wishes you because we have been tagged !


Despite the fact that I promised myself never to do a meme again (you never should say never) I have been tagged by naughty Sanni the Coffee girl, who apparently can't read ! This time I have to reveil 5 of my favourite restaurants ! Fortunately it's only that and not something like "name 5 occasions to steal in a shopping mall" or "name 5 articles you stole in a shopping mall" or "list the content of 5 anonymous comments you made last week"

But I am a very pleasant person (my second name is Modesty) I herewith do it and also because everybody knows love goes through the stomac.


These are the rules:

1. Link to the name of the person who tagged you.
2. Include the state and country in which you live.
3. List your top 5 favorite places to eat at your location (locally).
4. Tag 5 other people (preferably from other countries/states) and let them know they’ve been tagged.


As state I would say Europe as country Belgium and then it gets complicated ! On one passport I am German, on my other passport I am Italian, I live since exactly 48 years in Belgium, so this has become my country. But with a son living in London and working in Amsterdam, family members living in Italy and a few left overs in Germany, I can only say that I consider myself as a European.

And now to the restaurants

Since years we are only going out here in Waterloo which counts a lot of restaurants of all sorts. Bad tongues pretend that we have more restaurants then inhabitants which of course is not true because we have more hairdressers then inhabitants.




1. "Les jardins d'Asie" (Asian gardens) with very good chinese, vietnames and thai food


2. L'Amusoir for its delicious steaks



3. The Green Roof for it's excellent typical belgian plates


4. "La Sucrerie" very elegant, with a wonderful decoration. Very traditional French food.





5. "Les Six Colonnes" very old restaurant with excellent sea food




Maybe you wonder now why I haven't listed any Italian restaurant. We usually never go in one because first we eat Italian all the time at home, so it's nothing special to us and second Mr. Gattino pretends that all Italian restaurants over here are not real once and had their plates adapted to the country as all Italians do when they live abroad.

After a tour through these restaurants, you may join them !


10 comments:

  1. Bonjour Gattina
    Ces restaurants ont l'ait très bien! Tiens je commence à avoir l'eau à la bouche.
    C'est vrai que ton identité est un peu compliquée! Allemangne/Italie/Belgique ! Et au niveau culinaire l'Italie! Tu ne sembles pourtant pas perdre ton latin et nager dans ce beau mélange comme un poisson dans l'eau!
    Bonne journée!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They seem like wonderful places to go to and forget about the waistline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I would be happy at any of these restaurants! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I could come up with five.......

    but I'm thinking I'd like to eat Italian at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really WAS hoping for the list of 5 anonymous comments you made last week! ;)

    I am going to do this meme... but not for awhile! I need to collect some photographs! It's IN my drafts though!

    I am sure that NONE of the restaurants can cook Italian to compare to Mr. Gattino! You can tell him I said that! (and I hope when I come to visit it will earn me the best Italian food I've ever eaten!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, it looks like very good choices indeed, making me very hungry.... Mr L is preparing a shrimp salad as sunday dinner for us, now I wonder if that will be enough.... *giggles*

    Uhm.I haven't done my 5's yet. We'll see when I come around to it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. First person from Belgium doing the tag!Nice restaurant pictures… L'Amusoir looks very cute…and woo steaks too!! Must try the Green Roof if I ever go there..must see what Belgian food is all about

    Ps thanks for doing the tag. I hope you enjoyed it.. If you know of anyone else doing it please feel free to send me a message and I’ll update them too on the updated list of tag doers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is alright for not tagging anyone..I'm happy reading what everyone else has to write..I cn't seem to find Thorr link...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wooo Les jardins d'Asie and La Sucrerie looks like they are very very nice place to dine in with nice deco.

    Hemmmm I personally prefer La Sucrerie. It looks more garden like feel.

    The Green Roof sorta excites me too. I wonder how does belgian food taste like. I only try belgian chocolates before and they taste great

    Thanks for doing the tag. YOu just make the tag network grow wider :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. So delicious! I want to "taste" all restaurants - especially The Green Roof. I love the Belgian plates.

    Thanks for playing - jetzt hast Du erst mal Ruhe vor mir, versprochen. hab selbst die Nase voll von den MEMEs =)

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !