27 May 2007

LORD OF THE DANCE

Pookie also tried step dancing !


Yesterday evening I went with a friend to watch the Irish musical "Lord of Dance" and it was absolutely breathtaking ! I had already seen a few step dancers but not like Michael Flatley ! I thought he would make knots in his legs and never get out !






Unfortunately the pictures I took didn't come out very well, but at least it gives me the proof that I was there and with my souvenirs it's OK.









The singer an Irish girl had a wonderful voice, so sweet and soft and the Irish songs, although I couldn't understand a word sounded so harmonious.

Everything was good, the dancers, the music and the whole scenery. The girl who danced the little elfe must have the size of a child, she really was small.

They got a lot of applause and had to come back two times. It's not the first time that this group is in Brussels, but I always had missed them. This time I made it !

You can read more about the show and Michael Flagerty here.

9 comments:

  1. It must have been a wonderful show, I have that Irish music in my ears now!! how wonderful that you are an early bird so I could read your post with my early coffee!!!
    happy sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a marvelous show you saw yesterday! And I love Irish music! I'd like to be there too! Now I go back to Cannes for the end! Hope there will a lot of surprises!!?!
    Have a beautiful day Gattina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a marvelous show you saw yesterday! And I love Irish music! I'd like to be there too! Now I go back to Cannes for the end! Hope there will a lot of surprises!!?!
    Have a beautiful day Gattina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Irish music and dance... wish I could have have gone, too.

    especially since it was in Brussels!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Lord of the Dance. I've seen it only on TV specials, but can't get enough of it or Irish music. I'm Irish, Scotch, German and American Indian. Guess it's in my blood. I'm so glad you got to see it live! What a show that must have been.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how FUN! I have not heard of Lord Of The Dance - but it looks like it really was a beautiful show and I love going to ANYTHING like that! It wouldn't bother me a bit not to understand it either - music speaks to the heart! You don't need the words! (they are just a bonus sometimes!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting for you! Yes, pictures taken inside like this seldom capture the excitement we felt at the time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now, you're making us very envious! We've both wanted to see this show for a very long time, but it never seemed to be happening for us. Despite the fact that this show have been in Stockholm so many times! They truly are magnificent, we've seen a bit of it on the TV, butt that is NOT THE SAME!!!!!

    We saw some Irish dancing in Ireland of course, butt that was a minor show and truly amazing anyway. Their amazing leg work....

    Actually the Scottish dance is a very nice dance too, but more like some mix between the Irish dance and balet or how I shall describe it.

    ...and speaking about Scottish - care to see Stirling Castle in Scotland? Go to my blog where you find the link to Caledonia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gattina,
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and giving me such an encouraging comment regarding my daughter--it was so nice of you.

    By the way, I go to your blog so much, I'm placing it in my list of favorites :) Have a wonderful week!!

    Bridget

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !