31 Jul 2024

HOGEPODGE JULY 30

1. What is a childhood habit or preference you will never outgrow? 

I don't have any childhood habit or preferences, because mine are completely different

2. Did you know July is beans month? What's your favorite bean? Your favorite recipe that HO for beans? When it comes to chili are you team beans or team no beans?  

Yes I like beans, but not when it is hot !  Team beans or no team beans I don't understand and Google explains it as collecting funds for cancer (?) then my answer is No

3. Some historical figures have a tag line after their name, something like 'the brave' or 'the wise' or 'the mad'...what would your tag line be? Explain why?  

I think my tag line would be "The always happy one" 

When I am in company, I probably give that impression. Someone once called me “the party girl.” That may have been real in the past, but now that Rick is gone I am just a seemingly good actress.

4. The way to my heart is

 5.  The calendar rolls into August this week, but before we go give us four adjectives that describe your July. 

 Very  bad weather, much rain, 

 almost felt like winter 

 We were rarely able to go for a walk in our beautiful park 

 Had a lot of fun at our party games

 


6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I just came back from our birthday party which we celebrated for all residents born in July. That was my birthday month too. I didn't like the music, was all very old French chansons, and I though the singer should have looked at our birth dates and sing something when we were young.. My example is always Gilberte who is 101 years old and picked up papers the singer dropped without any difficulties, while besides her sat Philip who is a youngster of 70 !

I thought it would be wonderful to age like her, (sitting on the left, besides the rude Philip !) She sees well, hears well and walks well and has all cups in her cupboard ! She is my example !
 

Gilberte is 101 years old, has a lot of humor still can walk an pour her coffee, she is just amazing,
she reads a lot and has no TV ! 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Happy July birthday. 🎂
    Being a “ happy one” is a gift. Many are not happy these days. I’m sure you’re cheery self make others happy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday! Gilberte looks like a wonderful lady and a great example. Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all aspire to be like Gilberte!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Four adjectives that describe your July:
    cold,
    wet,
    cranky (husband) and
    chocolate (birthday cakes).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to the July born residents!
    Gilbert arises in us envy and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gilberte is inspiring. Reads and no television. I wonder if this is the secret to long life and, if it is, I wonder how many people would give up their televisions for a few more years. :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday month! Team beans or no beans is a funny way of asking if you like beans in your chili or you prefer your chili without beans. Not sure if chili is a dish eaten in your part of the world. It's popular in the US, especially in the winter months. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !