22 Mar 2024

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

We started the weekend with the birthdays of all residents born in March. For this event they had hired  an amateur group who performed as best as they possibly could. I kept my mouth shut, because it was a bit funny, nobody understood English or only a little and so the titles the leader announced I couldn't understand as the French accent was so strong that it was difficult to understand. But everybody had fun and that was the most important !


Jeannie the 99 year old "danced" in her wheelchair and enjoyed it very much ! She always says, she doesn't care that she has difficulties to walk, the most important is to remain young in her brain and that she is. 

The day had come when I had to go to the Justice of peace. I had put the "novel" which my landlord had written, into my tablet, and also all the photos I had taken when we moved in and discovered something wrong. I knew that he was a complete zero concerning informatics, once he had showed his sophisticated and certainly very expensive mobile, but when I asked him to send me a photo, he didn't know how to do it and pay with the mobile he ignored completely, he had still cash in his pocket !

I had tried to transform myself into a beauty, despite my vintage age, and gathered all my charm, so that the landlord looked like a little gray mouse. He carried an enormous file with him, which the judge looked at cross eyed, I am sure he rolled his eyes. Then he asked us what the reason was of our presence I told him that Mr. X tries to renovate the whole apartment at my expense, although since 3 years I lived there alone, and had to visit my husband who was in a retirement home. To do all this damages the owner had listed, I must have lived there together with an elephant, which made the judge smile. And when Mr. X pulled out of his enormous file an unpaid water invoice, which I had got two days before, he impatiently told him that this doesn't concern a conciliation, and I took my phone and told Mr. X I pay you right away, his eyes nearly popped out and he became red like a tomato. I thought he would explode and we had to clean the walls, when the judge said to me, you pay nothing now, you pay when he gets the location warranty back, there is no hurry. I thanked him and smiled as "lovely" as I could. So now you both sign and it's settled. 

I think my owner will remember this day his whole life, he had lost and on top had mad a very poor impression. 

I said good bye to the judge and he had a little twinkle in his eyes, and then I left. I was very satisfied I had shown this macho, that not all vintage women are stupid and helpless without a man ! 

When I returned immediately all my resident friends came and asked how it was and the assistant Manager told me "Good girl" these men, they always think they are so clever !

In the afternoon one trainee had an exam and she came up with something very nice! "Inside bowling". For that she had filled little plastic bottles with sand, each with one color. Everyone was given 3 tennis balls that had been painted the same color. All we had to do was knock over the bottles. The balls flew through the restaurant, and sometimes knocked over a bottle. Otherwise it rolled at the other end into the toilets or hit our poor animator at a leg. Fortunately only the leg. After that we had our coffee chat and those who didn't know my story with the judge, now they knew !


The week ended with a memory game and a little shopping. Time goes by so quickly, When it's Monday it's already Friday !

For the first time I managed to walk to the end of our park, slipped through the half-open door and saw the small lake with ducks and all kinds of birds. I used to go for a walk there with my little Dario, but it had changed, now there were benches and also a wooden house where you could probably buy ice cream in the summer. Who would have thought back then that I would end up behind the lake! I was so happy that I managed to walk so far without being breathless!!


 
When I came back we were all weighed, sitting in a special chair !! I had lost 2 kgs which honestly I don't regret. In contrast to "normal" people, I get fat without eating normally, that's been the stress of the last few years. Hopefully now I'll be back to normal!



more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. You had a successful day.
    The party looked fun and a weight loss is good, so long as it's healthy. Well done on the walk - fresh air, exercise - it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for some weight loss and having the judge side with you (at least it sounds like that to me).

    How fun to get some fresh air and play some fun games. When I taught Special Ed PreK I would often do a bowling game like that for the children. We would put sand in the soda bottles and decorate the bottles with whatever our theme of the month was (one year we did all different farm animals and another year different shapes). It's a great game!! We didn't use tennis balls though as little fingers struggle with those...we used big rubber balls....the children loved that game!

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great to have the judge side with you and have the whole apartment issue over. The games sound fun. It's good you were able to take a walk without struggling for breath. A great week overall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try to keep my mind and body activity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good week for you! Especially winning the case with the judge on your side (including the twinkle in his eye).
    If that chair helps you lose 2 kgs, I'd like to use it too!
    Happy Sunday to you. I hope you can get out for another lovely lake walk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad for you the whole apartment thing is over with and you can move on from that stress.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !