21 Mar 2024

HODGEPODGE MARCH 21

1. Spring is officially upon us, no matter what the weather may be in your neck of the woods. Is there any 'spring cleaning' on your to-do list? What's your most dreaded task? 

Youpee ! No spring cleaning anymore ! A gentle lady cleans my room every day makes my bed and even takes care of my laundry ! 

The only cleaning I have to do is for little Rosie. But I have to say I have 3 enormous "spring" cleanings behind me in the last 3 years, from house to apartment, from apartment a part for Ricks retirement home, another to take the things out when he passed away. Then emptying the apartment and move here into my "Castle". I think that's spring cleaning enough until the end of my life !

2. What's something many people seem to love, but to you feels like 'watching the grass grow'? 

That's being forced to listen to a piano concert of classical music ! It happened to me that I took earplugs with me, and watched the people who had a bored or excited expression on their faces. I think that it's due to my childhood when I had to go with my parents in these concerts !

3. Mint grows in abundance during the spring season. Are you a fan? What's your favorite food with a 'minty' flavor? 
 

Nothing ! I hate mint, fresh or dried, the smell makes me sick ! Once I had to drink mint tea in Morocco where it is the use to offer a glass of mint tea to the guests. I was surprised that it tasted quite good and not as our mint tea and I asked how this is possible and the grandma told me she puts a spice in the tea, I forgot what it was ! I think my hate for mint tea also came from my childhood, each time I was sick, my grandma gave me mint tea !! So I am traumatized by mint !

4. It's been said, 'Absence makes the heart grow fonder.' Agree or disagree? Explain. 

It's true. When Rick died I didn't really realize that he was gone forever. It seemed to me to hear him shouting "Sacramento" with his deep Opera voice, he didn't need a microphone. 

Sometimes I surprised myself talking to him and then realizing that I talked to the wall. All my grief and pain came out when I lived alone in our apartment, the only thing left was Rosie the cat. She listened to me and also let me cry into her fur.

 

I had never felt so alone in my whole life. I also became very sick. My son lived far away and handled his grief alone. Since I discovered my "castle" I feel much better, I feel home, there are the friendly nurses who pay attention that I don't fall, that everything is OK. Now I feel part of a family and much better. But still when I look at his face in a frame on my bedside table, it hurts like someone is stabbing me in the heart with a knife. I try to find my new life, the beginning starts slowly.

5. Are there any festive spring events in your city or town? If so, will you take advantage of them?

Yes there are many but I don't feel like going. We decorated our restaurant for Easter yesterday and I will celebrate Easter here in our beautiful park together with the families of the residents, the children, and the dogs, I think it will be fun when the kids are searching for the Easter Eggs, and certainly the dogs will help !

6. Insert your own random thought here.  

I think now, that my anger with the landlord is gone I am rid of the last worry I had. I went yesterday to the judge of peace, and when I saw him I thought he is on my side ! The troublemaker and his wife who was there as decoration or holding his hand, didn't say a word. I will write about this in another post, all I can say is that I won, he lost ! I got what I wanted ! Now he has learned that ol'women without a man at her side are not necessarily stupid. I have to admit I was a bit mean, because I had all documents in my tablet and the photos too ! I knew that he can't handle his smartphone and even worse a tablet. So he appeared with a thick file with enough papers in hit for at least 10 cases and I saw the judge look at the file and told him that he doesn't need all this, he wants to talk with us and try to find a solution without taking us to court !

 

From this Side of the Pond

 


7 comments:

  1. It sounds as though it went well yesterday and your bullying landlord will leave you alone now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy your visit to the judge went so well. And you write so beautifully about love and grief. I hope writing it out is helping, I want to think it would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so hard when a beloved one passes away...your words are showing the deep love you had for each other...and your write very poignantly.

    I am relieved to read that your crazy landlord did not win his case and that you came out 'victorious'!

    Enjoy the Easter Time celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to you for winning the case against the landlord! Hopefully, he's learned his lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watching the grass grow has never really interested me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you won in your dispute with the landlord and can move past that situation! And that you have found a new home where you are well cared for in your 'castle'. It must be so difficult moving on and finding ways to be whole and happy again after losing someone you loved so well. Enjoy your springtime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is lovely to hear of all the positives about living with all your new friends in your 'castle'.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !