18 Mar 2024

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND MARCH




 

This is our most adventurous cat Arthur. He was born in April 2002 and arrived at the same time in a shelter near our house when we arrived too. Rick wanted so much a white cat again, as the first Arthur passed away after one year, he had a heart attack. We were standing there when a young man came carrying a carton. Rick looked inside and picked up a white little furball ! And then he declared "we take it" and left me there ! The receptionist called him back and told him that he couldn't do that, the cat had to be checked by a vet, papers to be filled in and then only he could leave. Rick saw only the little white kitten and replied, that we will go immediately to the vet, and wife will fill in the papers, good bye and he left with his treasure.

I filled in the papers, payed 50 € and promised that we will go to the vet as soon as we will get an appointment. Arthur was healthy, 6 weeks old and we got the visit of a person from the shelter to check if he had a good home. And that he had ! He was Rick's personal cat or rather Rick was Arthur's personal human,  and could do with him whatever he wanted.One day Arthur slept peacefully in the kitchen on the table,  and never woke up again. It was the 6th March 2020, the year which also changed our whole life. It was also the first time I saw Rick crying.


 

as big a our remote control !


Linking to AWWW MONDAYS

 

WEEKEND

 





This weekend was "wonderful", rain, wind, grey sky ! We didn't do anything together, some people had visitors but a lot lay on their beds and watched TV. 

I prepared my papers for the judge tomorrow, but I put everything on my tablet so the judge can see when I have taken the photos. My landlord probably doesn't know that. He had already found somebody who wanted to rent the apartment, and they were ready to sign the contract, when somebody told them that the owner is not allowed to rent the apartment until the affair is settled by the judge ! I am purring like my cat ! It's a pity that I didn't know that before, then I would be sick for a couple of weeks or months ! My  doctor fully agrees to give me a certificate. But I go there tomorrow and we will see.

 

6 comments:

  1. Arthur was beautiful. 18 is a good age, but it's never long enough, is it?
    You sound well prepared for the judge. Fingers crossed for a good outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arthur was a beautiful guy indeed. As all cats are in truth. Paws crossed the judge sees you are right, and all is well for you and Rosie. Sending Buddhist prayers and karma to you.
    ERin

    ReplyDelete
  3. It been while since I played scamble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope all goes well for you in court. The judge should award you damages for all the stress and extra work you have had to do because of this monstrous landlord.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! I hope all goes well and your worries are over soon. Arthur was a great cat and the story and photos were lovely to read.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !