16 Mar 2024

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

Slowly I start to be convinced that it will rain non stop ! Again this week it rained from morning until evening.  As usual I had my breakfast and then I started my Blogpost. Then somebody knocked at the door and brought me my laundry ! Like in a boarding school I have now my name ironed in each cloth, even in the socks. That's really practical, it's not sewed it's really glued, anyway it stays put.  Nearly at the same time came Betty, the assistant manager and brought me a parcel with some clothes I had ordered and also an USB stick which fits in a computer and a tablet or mobile phone ! 

In the afternoon we played Bingo, a little more complicated then the first time, I think now I got it because I could help my neighbor who always wanted to add the numbers, or mixed up the colors.

Now on Tuesdays when there is mass, the new animator makes games with us who don't go to the mass. We were so many that I thought that people went to the mass because there was nothing else ! We played a very nice game each person had to describe a word without saying the right one. We were quite good and laughed a lot ! As most of them don't hear very well, there were a lot of misunderstandings sometimes really hilarious. Fortunately they nearly all have a lot of humor and  the others played a nice game to find words. We laughed a lot.

Since the 15th we have 3 apprentices, young girls who want to become geriatric nurses. They are really brave! And so funny and always in a good mood, they cheer up even the worst-tempered resident.

When an argument breaks out, it's always a married couple and the others laugh.

And then a miracle happened ! the sun came out ! The program was changed and we all went outside to play boccia !


Unfortunately the sunshine didn't last and the next day it was cloudy. But I still try to do my daily walk in the park. 

Our animation team had organized a St Patrick afternoon. Two music students played Irish music. Most of the residents didn't know St. Patrick, and were Ireland was, had to be find out ! 
 
Our animation team and a nurse with her dog, a Bearnese Mountain dog

She was adorable and came amongst all these people to me ! I had never seen her before, she also listened to the Irish songs !

These were the two students who performed.

and our table decoration
 

I think I have never heard of a senior residence where you are allowed to bring your big dogs with you, and they are allowed to go everywhere, in the rooms, in the restaurant in the park of course !
 

Isn't he cute ? It's the dog of Ghislaine's friend


And a Golden retriever owned by the daughter of my 99 year old friend !

All I can say I have no time to be bored ! There is only one stupid thing which bothers me,  I got a summon from the Judge of peace, my house owner wants his money because I vandalized the whole apartment alone with Rosie. If it's a "normal" person he will laugh and I win, if he is Misogynist, I will loose !Anyway I'll go alone just to prove them that I am not afraid of a judge and a crazy owner !


Rosie loves my new T-shirt and decided to spend the night on it

Community Verified icon

more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Oh that apartment owner! He doesn't know who he is dealing with, trying to cheat YOU.
    Love that Bernese Mountain dog! My daughter has owned three Berners and we love them.
    Here's hoping that spring will arrive soon and you will get more sunny days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to have so many different activities. I'm glad your place is pet-friendly. I hope the judge is a reasonable person. It's sad your former landlord is taking you to court.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure you take photos with you, showing there was/little damage after your final inspection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Bearnese Mountain dog is not just good looking. And clever too, it seems

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe that man is taking you to court. What a horrible person he must be. You seem to be having a great time in your new home. So many different things for you to do and lots of company whenever you want.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your castle sounds a lovely place to live - very human.
    Your former landlord is a bully. I hope you have a reasonable judge who will see what is right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You live in a super place!! It is alive with life and joy as well.

    That man who wants to sue you is crazy....I hope YOU win. which will make him even angrier, but maybe humbler...a wee bit, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !