11 Mar 2024

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND 9 MARCH

 




 


 

Linking to AWWW MONDAYS

 

***********

On Saturday my son arrived without Toby, because he was sick. So we had lunch here in our beautiful restaurant with the beautiful chandeliers. The plate was typical Belgian, a white sausage with appelpuree and potatoes, first a veggie soup, and then a fruit salad, red and white wine or beer, and a coffee. 

Both hadn't eaten that so it was new to us but it was very good. Of course he was observed like a zoo animal and when he wanted to go through the door several ladies screamed "attention the door" ! and he laughed and answered : Don't worry I am used to that !  

Then we went in my room and he connected YouTube to my TV with a little remote control, it's wonderful, now I don't need the cable anymore and I learned to use it very quickly and in the evening I could watch my YouTube  movie on the TV ! He also hung all my pictures on the walls, not with a nail but with adhesive strips that can hold up to 10 kg. Now he had done everything I needed and we went down to the others. 

They played outside Petanque a form of lawn bowling originating in France, usually played on rough ground using steel balls.

Meanwhile Dario explored our park and found it beautiful. He also discovered the Madonna in her Grotto. Then we returned in my room and chatted a bit and around 6 he went to his friend for supper. This morning I found a message that he had well arrived home. It was nice that we were only the two of us and I was relaxed and not stressed.

On Sundays we always get croissants, that's lovely, only for the first time my coffee was cold. It was in a thermos and as most of the residents have no force in their hands anymore, the servants unscrew the top of the thermos a bit. I got one which was nearly open, so the coffee had time to cool down and was cold. Fortunately I had kept my coffee machine just in case and made myself two cups of good hot coffee.

I worked on my photos which I had taken on Saturday and after lunch I made my little walk through the park, 

When I wanted to take a picture of the blooming tree, I saw the Madonna who somebody had cleaned and now she was visible to everybody. Unfortunately it got quite cool and I returned I had enough.

At 3 pm we started a new game with Kim the second entertainer, who is in charge for the weekends. Until now there was nothing on Weekends and the people got bored. He unfortunately had chosen a game which didn't fit at all for the poor residents, as 90% from them have a hearing aid, or can't hear very well. It's a game I played at school, you whisper a phrase in your neighbor"s ear, and he in his neighbor and so on until the last one said what he or she had heard. Of course the poor Kim had to shout into the ear of Rina the first one so that a few others and I understood already the phrase ! And so it was with her neighbor who had completely misunderstood. I had to hold back laughing because it was so funny what the poor people who didn't hear well or almost didn't understand at all said as a result. 

Finally Kim also realized that this game was not suitable for oldies. So he took another one which was interesting, we had to guess proverbs and everyone did pretty well.


 Everybody "whispered" in his neighbor's ear !

Tomorrow the rain comes back, I thought we could hope for a longer break !

 

3 comments:

  1. That is nice that you had a good visit with Dario!

    And even better to have 'activities' in the weekend as well as during the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww on all the adorable critters and especially Rosie.

    I'm glad your son and grandson came to visit and you got thing done in your apartment. Always feels good to be settled.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. Scritches to Rosie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to learn of your son's Dario enjoyable, relaxing visit. You had lunch together, he helped with some things in your room, explored the surrounding park. It's nice to have your son coming to see you.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !