13 Mar 2024

HODGEPODGE MARCH 14

 

1. Thursday is National Pi Day...are you good at math? What was the last thing you had to calculate? Did you use your head or technology? Last slice of pie you ate.

When it comes to math or something like that, I run away as quickly as I can. I am not at all gifted for what concerns math and even need a calculator to add 1+1. Rick was my calculator when he was alive, he was incredible, he calculated faster then a calculator ! I wonder how I slipped through math at school, can't remember. I probably slept and compensated with good points in German, writing, languages, and history. He was scientific and I'm more literary. So we complemented each other. 

 Last week we had a slice of apple pie as desert. Love it.

2. What makes a house a home? 

For me it's the furniture, the decoration and the colors. There are homes with expensive furniture and the house looks as cold as a picture from a catalogue ! And there are rooms with all kind of furniture and decoration but which feel homely and cozy !

3. Your current favorite green thing? 

Green is a color I only like in nature, not as decoration or clothes. I have nothing in green in my wardrobe. So actually I like the green grass and the fresh green leaves on the scrubs when I look out of my window. For the moment it's still a bit poor only the grass is real green. 

 

all this will look green in one month (I hope)

4. How do you define achievement? How does your personal definition look similar to, or different than, society's definition? What's something you think is worth achieving in life? 

For me it means something good and difficult that I have achieved, for example all the worries, difficulties, moves etc I have accomplished in the last 4 years. I still wonder how I have managed all this..

The most important thing to achieve in life is happiness.

5. What song is a good soundtrack for your life right now?

 

I think this fits the best. After 4 months of rain I don't sing anymore !

6. Insert your own random thought here.  

Despite they grey weather I feel quite good. My female Doctor visited me today to make a blood test and a little check up. I think the worst is over I am feeling good. I didn't fall anymore and I don't have to sit down all 5 minutes. I was happy that she complimented me about my room, she said she had never seen such a cozy room in a residence ! Now I consider my room as my cave where I retire when I want to be alone. 


 


7 comments:

  1. Not a fan for math. Home is the last stop in my journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We grow pots of herbs and spices on the back porch. My favourite green thing is a small bunch of parsley taken from the pot and tossed into the hot food - both for colour and taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The windows of your room are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maths brings me out in a cold sweat.
    Ingrid, you have the art of homemaking - it's your artist's eye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That could have been our February theme song here! You have a lovely view. I'm glad you got a clean bill of health. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that Eurythmics song so much, but I understand needing to be finished with rain for awhile! Your room really looks so cozy and beautiful and comfortable - very much a home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked your answers. One of my dear friends growing up had a home that while it could seem cozy , her mom was always paranoid, so you didn't feel like you could sit on anything or do anything. I'm glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !