25 Mar 2024

AWWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND MARCH 23




 

Arthur left us forever in March 2020, during 19 years he played the clown for us ! He was a special cat, very intelligent.




Linking to AWWW MONDAYS 

 

 ******** 

 

WEEKEND

Saturday my former neighbors had asked me to come and report my adventure with the justice of peace. The "To rent" advertising had been removed from my former apartment, because the judgement hadn't been signed yet. My want to be gentleman of landlord had hurried from the judge to the bank to ask the guarantee back. I saw it in my bank accounts that the money wasn't there anymore. 

Instead of nearly paying 4000 € he claimed for the damages I had caused (living probably alone with an elephant) he got 2500 which was the amount of the guarantee, and I added generously 100 € and told him with this amount I offer him a restaurant. The judge had difficulties not to laugh and my owner became red like a tomato. I feared he would explode and we had to clean the walls, but it didn't happen. 

My neighbor girls had a lot of fun because they didn't like him either. They were sure that I would win. They told me that there are no works anymore but that he had asked them if it was true that I had never used neither the oven nor the hood as I only used my microwave. He had written in the damages I had caused that the hood was dirty and the oven too ! What a liar.

Then I had to hurry home, because at 3 pm we played "Darts" I just arrived in time ! But I was a catastrophe. My dart landed everywhere except on the target and I was lucky that I didn't hit the bar or break any glass. Useless to say that we did our share of laughter exercise ! I had played only once in my life and that was in the 80th in London !! But there I won, as I didn't know the rules, I closed my eyes and throw the dart !

Fortunately we didn't play outside because there was a meeting of crows which made a terrible noise ! Probably somebody had put food in this place. 


On Sunday was an awful weather, cold, sunshine, rain, sunshine rain etc. Of course there was more rain then sunshine. That suited my mood, because I hadn't slept well and would have liked to kill the person who brought me the breakfast and said "Good morning, breakfast is here, have a nice day!" and he slammed the tray on the table. I mean, that's really nice, but not if you wake up because of it. To excuse him,  I have to say that you can't see my bed from the door.

Every Sunday we get croissants, but not this Sunday and I was almost out of musli. A nice start in the day !

It also rained and pottered around for once and in the afternoon I went to the restaurant where we had a nice memory game ! There were so many people, the circle became big and bigger, because the visitors participated too. We had to complete 3 letters into a word. Surprising we were all very good. Especially the 99 year old Jeannie here in her wheelchair. Then we drank coffee all together and the visitors helped with carrying the cups. We had a nice time old and young mixed together, that was really funny !





3 comments:

  1. He was a delight to the both of you. So precious.

    It's been raining here too. I want spring to show up.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. Scritches to Rosie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arthur was a beautiful cat.
    I'm so glad your troubles with your old landlord are over.
    Our weather has been much the same as yours - very irritating!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !