30 Mar 2024

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

I had sworn to myself that I would make a note in my calender of what we have done each day during the week. I have started with Monday and then I forgot. 

We still have the 3 girls as trainees and they had to "use" us for their practical exam.

The girl on the left choose a word game, which was very nice only she spoke with a little accent but really very little for the short time she is in Belgium, she is a Brazilian. Half of the residents don't hear very well or nearly not at all, and the others not used to any accent couldn't understand. Therefore used to all accents and to the opera voice of Rick I shouted the question for everybody and the girl was very thankful. 

The next day was the turn of another who had prepared little garlands and we should make flowers out of them. I was a bit reluctant because it's something to do with patience which I don't have. But I was very surprised that I made a real nice yellow flower which you can see in the vase. It was amazing what the very old residents could do ! We always have a lot of fun when we tease each other afterwards when we take our coffee together. 

On Thursday I had an appointment for my car, just for a check up. It was always standing in a garage and here now in open air, which in one sense is very practical, it is always clean the daily rain washes it thoroughly and it looks always white and clean ! The car had nothing everything was OK, so that's one good thing. As usual it rained again, it hasn't stopped since two weeks now. Or it rains in the morning and stops in the afternoon, or it is the opposite. Anyway to not forget how a blue sky and the sun look, I have to go through my albums !

Son and grandson should come this weekend because I hadn't seen on the poster that the egg hunting was on the 6th for the residents and family and on Easter Sunday for the schools, the kids come in our park or rooms to collect chocolate eggs. As it is the first time for me I hadn't payed attention and my son either, because he hadn't looked at the date but on the hour when it takes place (good excuse !) So they will come next weekend to hunt eggs and I have little works, like hanging up 3 paintings. Finally it's good, because the weather is so miserable, I wonder how the kids can look for the eggs, probably they have to go through the whole castle ! There is room enough ! I don't even have an Easter egg or an Easter bunny in my room, now that they are not coming I don't have the energy to decorate. Rosie doesn't care anyway ! 

I had finally the opportunity to take pictures of the brave man who comes twice a day morning and evening to feed our not so homeless cats !


Here he comes with two big bags and the first cat is already there !

He fills in the bowls


 pets them and goes away, the baby in the corner is my son, when he was my son and not a man !
 




 
 


more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I love that where you live there is always something to do.
    Do the cats belong to your castle? It would be a fun job to feed and pets the cats twice a day. Lucky guy.
    Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your Easter card. There is always something happening in your castle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers turned out nicely! It's great there are so many things to do in your castle. I'm glad your car was in good shape and didn't need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the children seeking Easter eggs are respectful of the residents.
    The man who feeds the castle cats is very dedicated, bless him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flowers turned out well and I like your Easter card. It's good that there is so much going on in your castle - especially with all the miserable weather. Perhaps yours has improved now - ours has briefly but more rain is promised later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I laughed at your very first paragraph. That is totally what would happen with me. Cute Easter card

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !