5 Jan 2024

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

I made a good start in the New Year, I felt "normal". My landlord had called me and agreed with me that  the expert who made the inventory had exaggerated! He found damages which I, brave little old lady would have done, but it looked more like a horde of youngsters. And prices he invented ! I think we will come to a friendly agreement, although I never trust men ! So I started the week peacefully and relaxed !

Isabelle came with the little 10 year old girl with the strange name Inaja but is Belgian. The girl was taken from her parents by the social services because they were both alcoholics and neglected the two children they had. Inaja came with a nice design for me for Christmas, which I found very cute and Isabelle tried to connect my printer unfortunately without success.

The next day Dario came because we had to go to the Banks, he had to come in person to get a procuration on my accounts; to pay my bills if I loose my head or can't write anymore or I start to try to buy a Ferrari in memory of Rick who loved them. It went quicker as we thought so he had time to fix things which I couldn't do.

For the first time he had his lunch with me in the "castle" and it was so good that the servant saw in his eyes that he was still hungry and asked him if he wants a second portion. Of course he did ! 2 m need food. I had not finished with my risotto and roasted chicken, that he had already eaten his second portion. The afternoon he tried to connect my printer, but I had lost the password, and nobody was there who knew it

He carried 12 kg of litter for Princess Rosie, I hope that she doesn't think that this is an invitation for a diarrhea. 


Father and son and dog Lea. Toby is 13 and grows too fast, said the doctor. He had to give up football (soccer) and does Basket ball instead. 

I lost my mobile and asked a friend to ring me until I found it. It rang somewhere coming from the fridge. I thought it might be possible that taking out a bottle I had put my mobile in. Thinking that I am still 30, I got on my knees, to look if it was there, it was not, and then I couldn't get up, nice, the bell was on the opposite side hanging over my bed. While I tried to get up I fell to the side and it was even worse.

After a while I managed to sit and I slid on my bottom all the way to the bed. Then I rang the bell nobody came, after half an hour I thought theoretically I should be dead by now and with my tablet rang Isabelle. Unfortunately she misunderstood, called the home alerted the Nurse that I would lay on the floor since half and hour helpless and bleeding, while I sat on my bed and was reading, still waiting for the nurse, it was the fourth time that I rang. Suddenly 2 min after the phone call the nurse appeared and she checked me from head to foot but I had nothing as I had told her. 

Later in the evening I was checked again, but still everything was normal I was only  upset,  that she had interrupted my film ! This story went like a storm through the whole building, and I became almost famous. 

As usual we had our activities in the afternoon the next day, and it was again very nice, you got a letter and had to find the capital of a country, a plant, a fruit etc. We had a lot of fun !

 
Today we had fire alarm, nobody bothered or looked out of his room, only my TV was angry and went on strike, but my computer still worked. Rosie didn't even lift her head. She gets used to all these noises and it was the 4th alert since I am here. 
 
As for a week I felt real good despite the daily rain and humid air, I hope it will continue and I can lead an almost normal life again.  
 

 Rosie during the alarm, she continues to iron my invoice




more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad your son could come and help out with some things and your apartment situation is almost finished. It sounds like the food is really good there.

    At one assisted living facility my mother-in-law was in, she had to leave because she couldn't get out of her room and to the assigned place in 13 minutes during a fire drill. We had to find a new place for her.

    I'm glad you weren't hurt when you fell over. It is odd it took them so long to check on you. At a different facility my mother-in-law was in, they had something they wore on a lanyard around their neck to push if they fell and couldn't get up.

    Best wishes for 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good that you weren't hurt and bleeding after your fall. I do hope the facility fixes the problem of not answering your calls. That is not good.
    Even though your son came for business, it was so good for him to spend that time with you.
    Hope your printer problem gets fixed soon.
    Enjoy a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting down on the floor is the easy bit. Getting up again is something else!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that Dario visited and made more progress in sorting out all your affairs. Hopefully the situation with your former apartment will be sorted soon too. Sorry to hear about the fall but that's not good that they did not respond to you very quickly. Hope you're feeling ok now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many times I had to call my mobile number.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is scary that they did not come for so long after you fell. I am always afraid of that for my mom, too. I cannot believe Toby is 13! How did that happen? LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !