1 Jan 2024

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND DEC 30




 

Linking to AWWW MONDAYS

 

WEEKEND

On Saturday afternoon Isabel came for a visit, to bring me this cute gift, warm cat socks ! With her was the now 10 year old Inaya, a little girl who lives in an institution because she was taken from her parents two alcoholics. Isabel takes her once a month for a weekend and also for holidays. I think that's a real adorable gesture. This little girl with the strange name although she is Belgian, cannot yet write but she has already made a lot of progress. I was very touched that apparently she likes me, because she had seen me twice and she had made this cute drawing for me. Then they left to prepare the living room for the New Year's celebration. 

I don't know if there was something organized here, anyway I didn't want to go and be amongst a lot of people. I ate with them in the restaurant at Christmas and the 31, but I didn't support the noise and the people in general, I had to hide in my cozy "hole". Outside it was very windy and of course it rained. I found this picture from previous New Years, when we were a young couple.

 I watched TV and answered the phone, and had my family on Whatsapp. I think Toby starts his puberty now, it seemed to me that his voice had changed a bit.

Then I went to bed with the TV on, not to miss midnight and watched the movie

 


"Keeping up appearances" which makes me always laugh, it's so typical British. I almost missed midnight as the TV was still on "mute", because the show they made on the Belgian TV I didn't like. At midnight and 2 minutes I wished a happy New Year to cat Rosie, who made eyes like fried eggs so round, and then disappeared under the bed, the fireworks had started.

 

It was not much because people wanted to cancel it completely because of the animals, but apparently not all are animal lovers to such a point to cancel the New Year fire work. But it was not official organized by the city, it was all done by private people;  I didn't even watch.

On Sunday I was so lazy, I didn't even make my little walk through the Castle's couloirs, I chatted an hour with a friend whom I hadn't seen for years, and another one who went to school with me in Germany ! But we always stayed in contact. from 1958 on. She lost her husband last year. 

I am happy that the festivities are over !!

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely card from Inaya and the cat socks are just wonderful. They look very cosy.
    So, 2023 is behind us, thank goodness, and we look forward to a better year in 2024.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
    ╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
    ║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
    ║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ NEW YEAR ☆
    ╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your first Christmas and New Year in you new home went as well as it did. It seems you have the best of both worlds. Company when you want it and your lovely copy room when you don't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are pretty much the cutest socks I've ever seen! Isabel is doing a wonderful thing for Inaya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the little girl overcomes her bad start in life and does well. Thank you for being kind to her and letting her know that she is valued and loved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all:
    Happy New Year to you!


    I am trying to catch up...lost so many days of visiting, due to the holiday business and then working three shifts in a row...which takes the wind out of one's sails when you only work 2 days a week....

    How sweet that Inaya ias tken under the wing of Isabel. She made a sweet card for you, so precious.,

    I love those socks!!
    Somewhere I have socks with an image of Pipo all over them LOL!

    I enjoyed reading your previous posts about the fun things you do at your new dwelling. Thatis good, and good for everyone who lives there, Seems like you only are bored if you want to be, teehee!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !