7 Jan 2024

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND JANUARY 6



 

Morning ritual


Linking to AWWW MONDAYS

 

**********

 

 WEEKEND JANUARY 6 

On Saturday was what Rick called BEFANA and when he was little it was the 6 January that he got his gifts. 

 Christmas with tree he didn't know at that time, people put up cribs ! After a few years we gave up the Epiphanie and the witch Befana disappeared in the basement.

In Belgium you bake or mostly buy a cake which contains a little object and the one who bit on it in the hope that the tooth wasn't damaged, got a crown. Here in our "Castle" we didn't get a cake, because the protestants don't celebrate it and there are other religions here too, we got a muffin instead and no crown.

The whole week I wanted to buy things for Rosie and also for me, cremes and beauty stuff, and suddenly it was Saturday. I should leave Saturdays for people who work the whole week, and have only time on Saturdays for shopping, as Sundays the shops are closed. So the shop was full like a Sardine can and what I needed was missing. 

On the parking people were fighting for a parking space and it rained and I got wet, so I returned home in a hurry !

Sunday I woke up at 9 am and had just started to stretch myself in all direction, when the cleaning woman came and wanted to clean my room. I hadn't used the bathroom yet and asked her to come a bit later. Later was then together with my lunch ! 

It didn't rain and I thought to walk a bit in our wonderful park, but it was too cold for me, I am not made to live in Alaska. Instead I met the lady who is nearly 100 with her son. She was happy to see me and invited me at her table. We had a nice chat and the son left, happy that his mother had found somebody to talk with. It's amazing, I forgot her age, we talked about Brussels and how it was before, she had lived just behind my office where I used to work for 10 years ! She is really a miracle. She sits in the wheelchair and before we returned both in our rooms she asked me to open her blouse because she was fighting to unbutton and she didn't want to disturb a nurse for a button. I helped her with pleasure but she didn't want that I pushed her wheelchair into her room ! 

Rosie probably heard that it was me, and walked from her basket on my lap to say hello.  She is used now to the different noises and seems to be happy. 





7 comments:

  1. How pleasant to meet and enjoy different company. Glad to hear you are now going out again even though the shops were very busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making new friends is always a fun and uplifting thing. Glad you are making the new place your home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful bunch of memories with Rick. You made me smile.

    I hate shopping on the weekends. Everyone is out and about and parking is at a premium.

    I'm so happy Rosie is happy in her new home.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. Scritches to Rosie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's true - age is just a number. An interesting older person can be more fun than a dull younger one and you just forget the age.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! I love seeing the ritual. Tommy likes to jump up on the counter in the morning a rub his face on his Daddy's face cloth. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are for sure living in the best of places...well except maybe for some of the timing of things, LOL!! It is such a small world when you find a 'neighbor' who knows all the same things as you do and you both can reminisce about it all.

    Remember: Age is only a number!
    I have a couple of very old peeps where AI work, one is 100, and one is in her mid nineties and they are sharp as tacks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you and Rosie are settling well. Yes Saturday is never a good day to go shopping.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !