9 Aug 2023

HODGEPODGE AUGUST 10

1. August 8th is National Cat Day. Do you own a cat? Are you a 'cat person'? Your favorite 'famous' cat? 

People who know me would burst out in laughter. With a cat collection of over 900 cats in all sizes an materials et until 6 years ago I was owned by 4 cats. They all died one after the other when they were almost 20 years old. Now I still have my Rosie 17 years old, who shows the first signs of getting old. She eats like a horse, and is so skinny. She sleeps 23 h per day and for one hour she shows her love for me and gets on my "nerves" ! I also have started painting cats from 1989 on so there are many lefts... So what do you think ? Am I a cat lover ?  

This is Arthur the white cat, the most intelligent cat I ever met ! He climbed in all cars when the doors were open, put himself under a Golden Retriever not to get wet, slept in all beds in the street ! I think I could write a book about him. Rosie and Arthur were a real couple.

2. Cat nap-copycat-scaredy cat-curiosity killed the cat-cat got your tongue-like herding cats...which cat phrase applies to your life in some way currently? Explain. 

3. What's your favorite or most- often-made one pot meal? 

As I don't cook anymore,  won't eat a one pot meal in a restaurant ! 

4. What do you wish you'd placed in a time capsule fifteen years ago? 

In none, we traveled a lot our son was an adult now and we enjoyed life. We were a couple again.

5. Your favorite hour of the day? Tell us why. 

Certainly not at 6 or 7 am there I am still a sleepwalker. Around 12 am I getting hungry,  and then sleepy. And then it all depends what is going on, an interesting Exhibition, a show or just a one day excursion. Otherwise I would work on my computer, So I don't really have a favorite hour. 


6. Insert your own random thought here. 

On Sunday I didn't feel well, took a pill and went to bed with the chickens. (That's a German expression when you go very early to bed)

Despite the inhaler my pneumologist  had prescribed me  and which I dutifully used in the morning and evening, I was furious that I felt so lousy. Yes, and then I was sitting there in the huge apartment with Rosie sleeping and I was bored to death. My friends were still away and I thought about who could do my shopping and go to the post office. I only needed a bit of cheese and fruits. The ladies here cannot drive a car, the family brings the drinks, that are the hardest to carry. 

Otherwise they go shopping every day. I would go mad. The most important was the post office I had to post my registred notice for the landlord, but finally I decided it was better to rest another day, I felt already better.

Then I thought my son or grandson could ask from time to time how I am, but they don't even think of it. My father with different, when I didn't call, he died, and once he even called at 3 am to ask me if I have a black dress for his funerals. Rick only rolled his eyes when I returned to bed and told him he has to choose which black dress I should wear. So we had something to laugh. Today I wouldn't laugh anymore, he was a widow also alone (but only during the night) during the day he had a woman who watched over him, as I refused to move in with him and leave my men alone ! Some man are really egoists, and he was !! 

I started to look at my furniture, which I would take with me to "my" castle. When I am better I will ask if I can measure the room.

 

3 comments:

  1. I have never done a time capsule.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine in your new home you will surround yourself with paintings of your cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosie is a good companion for you.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !