7 Aug 2023

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND AUGUST 5TH

It's difficult to be a white cat ! I can't do what I want. Rolling in the grass I become green. On the red gravel I am rose, so I have a lot of work to keep my fur white !





It's done !
I miss him, nobody plays with me anymore


 

 

Linking to AWWW MONDAYS 


 

********* 

 

WEEKEND AUGUST 5

It's a shame ! what a summer, in July it rained 21 days, and now we are beginning August and we still take our daily shower, and the wind makes sure that you get wet everywhere. An umbrella is completely   useless.

My two neighbors came in the afternoon and looked at the pictures of my castle. Both wanted to return to Brussels into a Retirement Home, and not stay in Waterloo, because their children all live in Brussels. I wonder why they don't do it now, one is 85 and the other 80, that's the right moment. They complained that they would not see them often enough although nearly every day one shows up, they both have 3 children and 5 grandchildren, apparently that's not enough. 

When I worked whole day and had the baby, I didn't have time to visit my parents each day neither.

I have not this problem my son lives 250 km away and it would never come into my mind to move to Amsterdam ! I love my Waterloo. In fact, he relatively comes quite often, when I think of my parents who visited my grandma only to leave me there. And when I was grown up, and wanted to go elsewhere, they saw her once a year when they came back from Austria. Not even at Christmas she was invited. I never realized that before, until the day when my son was adult, worked, and married, we always spent Christmas together.

Then the neighbors left, one to wait with the husband of her granddaughter whose wife was busy giving birth to the second child ! and the other with a cousin to see the new house of another relative, sitting in the mud. I hope she hasn't caught a cold ! 

I continued my writing and think of my projects to entertain my "inmates" with for example painting pebbles that's easy and doesn't make too much dirt.


My pneumonologist had prescribed me an inhalator and on Sunday morning I tried it out. In fact it was very easy to put the different pieces together, but I have a problem when I read a notice, I read it but I can't put the different parts together. I need to see it. For that YouTube is good. Finally I made it

The result was very sexy and little Rosie made big eyes, as the device made quite a noise !

Of course it continued to rain the whole Sunday and lots of festivals, fleamarkets, and other open air activities were cancelled.  

Waterloo "singing in the rain" pictures stolen from the local Newspaper. There is even a man taking a shower ! And the poor Napoleon soldiers, supposed to do a show today, return into their tents.


I start to believe that too !


 

 

3 comments:

  1. Some people are never satisfied!
    I like the sculpture of the little children dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosie is so adorable. I know she misses her dad as you miss your husband. Big healing hugs to you both.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Gattina. Scritches to Rosie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wonder what Rosie thought of that device.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !