8 Jul 2023

A NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE

Today the 8th of July I enter the age group starting with an 8, at least so says birth certificate and my passport. 

I feel strange when I think that I am 80 that sounds so old. I would have loved that Rick could celebrate with me, but he is gone forever. So the rest of my life I continue as a widow. That's also a word I don't like. 

But I still have Rosie she is as old as me, so we are both two antiques, who live together. 

Now that everybody becomes green, bio etc I have the impression to forward to the past. Growing our own vegetables, do all yourself, had been normal when I was young, because we had no choice. We had to take a bike because we didn't have a car. We had to go to our neighbor to ask for something instead of calling. 

So now I start the 3rd and last chapter of my life.

10 comments:

  1. May the third chapter of your life be full of comfort and you looking outwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♪♫Happy Birthday to you,♪♫
    ♪♫Happy Birthday to you,♪♫
    ♪♫Happy Birthday Dear Gattina,♪♫
    ♪♫Happy Birthday to you.♪♫

    Have a fabulous day. Scritches to Rosie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a big milestone but I know it will be hard without Rick today. I hope you have a good day whatever you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Gattina! Many happy returns of the day! Wishing you good health and satisfaction!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Ingrid. It's just a number, albeit one none of us wants to acknowledge when we reach it. 'Never resent growing old, - it is denied to many.'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Gattina - well done - it's a good time ... and you've got lots to look back on ... enjoy the memories. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love seeing these transitional photos of you over time. You've been through a lot. Hope you are having a wonderful birthday topped off with your wonderful sense of humor. :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday. May your next decade bring you good health, contentment and many pleasant distractions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to YOU, Gattina!! Congrats!!
    My Oma always said, you have to be proud of every birthday you receive...as they are gifts from God.
    We hope you can enjoy a nice celebration with good friends and maybe some chatting wih family members.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I imagine Rosie was good company for your birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !