2 Mar 2023

HODGEPODGE

1. Hello March! Is it coming in like a lion where you live? How do you feel when it rains? 

March marched in with a lot of sunshine but also with a very strong and very cold wind. It was better to stay home and not catch a cold. 

I would feel bad the whole year, as Belgium is like the UK it rains a lot !

2. What's something you'd like to do differently this week than the last? Explain. 

I would like to go out and not stay home, but as I have still a bit to recover from my bronchitis, I have no choice, I stay home !

3. March 1st is National Sunkist Citrus Day...do you drink orange juice? Orange, lemon, lime, tangerine, grapefruit...what's your favorite citrus fruit? A dish you love with a citrus fruit as one of it's key ingredients? 

Yes I drink orange juice and love all other fruits too. I love lemon ice, a grapefruit salad, the others I like to eat just as a fruit.

4. What do you consider to be your culture. Elaborate. 

As  I live in Europe where each country has its culture, I probably have several cultures, as I live in Belgium where the culture, especially concerning food, is completely different from the German one. Having been married over 50 years to an Italian I also adopted Italian culture. My son who has a German passport was raised in Belgium and speaks no German but French, married a Dutch girl and had to adapt to the Dutch culture too. The one who is the "victim" of all these cultures is my Grandson !


 

5. Sum up your February in fifteen words or less. 

That's quickly done, I had a very severe Bronchitis the whole month and still not running full speed !

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Honestly the only thought I have, is life is boring and I am waiting for spring, and a colored nature and not these trees which look like in a horror movie naked and without leaves. 


 

 

4 comments:

  1. Naked trees mean you can see views and houses of neighbours. Spring will arrive soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. March has to be better than February for you. Let's hope so x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really should get back to drinking orange juice.

    ReplyDelete

  4. We hope March will be a much better month for you.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !