23 Jan 2023

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND JANUARY 23

 




 

 

 

Linking to AWWW MONDAYS

 

***********

 

WEEKEND 

On Saturday the train employees were on strike (again) and there were not enough buses ! Maria my cleaning lady came 15 min late, which wasn't important, but the poor girl had to wait outside for the bus and it was very cold -5°C ! 

When she was gone I thought I needed bread, but fortunately I had enough and didn't have to go out in this  cold humidity. This was the occasion to watch the documentary of the 50 th birthday of our Queen Mathilde, who is really very appreciated from both parts of Belgium, the French and Flemish speaking, because she speaks both languages fluently. Before her marriage to Philip of Belgium she worked as a speech therapist and after her marriage studied psychology. At that time Philip wasn't king yet. 

It was very interesting, as she is the first Queen who had a profession, who had studied and who involved herself very much in her "job". The first once were chosen on a political base  and their only duty was to produce a male heir (maybe also a spare) and nothing else.  Even the Queen before Mathilde, the beautiful Italian Princess Paola,was a pretty woman who accompanied her king and only had to be beautiful, but at least these two married for love.

I got some photos of Toby who is in London with his Dad. He had never been there because he was too young and now his Dad wanted to show him the city, and also the house  he had bought in London more than 20 years ago.

He loved the English breakfast, I hope he had enough ! Now I am curious if he liked London as much as I loved the city when I saw it first. Meanwhile it has changed so much that for me it has lost a lot of its charm.


The rest of the day I spent with my old photos to put them in folders on a hard disk, and found this one with Rick doing what he loved the most, playing with kids !

On Sunday morning the weather hadn't changed, but there was no snow anymore !  I wanted to go and visit Nicole, but when I had dressed and put on some make up not to look like a corpse, it started to snow ! I didn't know if it would snow the whole afternoon and I would have difficulties to return home, so I called her and told her I would come during the week. 

The afternoon was quickly over as I talked for almost one hour to a cousin, which I had seen the last time when she was 10 years old or younger. She is a bit older then my son and has two boys, who are already at University. There was so much to tell and we ended up that she will come and visit me at the next occasion, she is a teacher. 

I answered my emails and then closed my computer, I had enough. I did like Rosie only I stayed on the sofa and didn't curl up in a basket ! She slept the whole day to be fresh for the night to play !

 


9 comments:

  1. That is a life for an older person. I rather wish our royal family was more like yours, like almost normal people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like an entertaining weekend and just goes to show that we don't have to set foot outside to enjoy ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the knick-knacks. Cute. Rosie is a huge Awww. Sleeping the day away to be ready for the night is essential for a cat.

    I've always wanted to visit London. The big cities have changed here too.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. Scritches to Rosie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those were cute findings at a flea market(?)!
    We have dreary weather here, too, and snow happened yesterday, and more to come midweek. We stay home too, to avoid the drivers and their bad habits in inclement weather.

    I hope you get to meet up with your cousin, soon.
    I would love to see London, UK too, I used to live in London Ontario, Canada! LOL!

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Queen is pretty.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess the chips were the best part in Toby's London meal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is easy to see why you fell in love with Rick. That is a great photo of him with the kids. I visited London for the first time when the Queen passed away unexpectedly. I fell in love with the city and I could see that the people there truly loved their Queen.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !