20 Jan 2023

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

What a week ! Raining every day, grey skies a real blue Monday week ! I stayed home on Monday and did such an interesting thing like pushing on the button of the washing machine. Then I dealt with old pictures from 1974 which I updated a bit and now they are nicer than the originals.

This brought me back to the past, when we were just young parents of a one year old little boy. At that time we used to dress the same and here you can see that we were both wearing flower printed jeans ! Instead of a hat, I wore a wig, which was so fashionable at the time. I remembered this picture well because 2 minutes later little Dario pulled my wig over my nose! Such funny memories ! 


I was so busy that I forgot the laundry in the machine, and only took it out the next day ! As distraction I had to go shopping which I did in no time, bought for at least 3 weeks, because snow was announced.


and for once the weatherman was right, it really snowed. Not very much compared to other countries but still enough that the whole traffic broke down and there were many accidents. 

Toby's Dad sent me these two pictures, showing Toby with his new and very sophisticated computer for which he had saved money for 3 years, that thing costs a lot. But since he is very talented in computer things, the purchase was worth it.

He was very proud when he told me on the phone that he had a 10/10 in German, I didn't even know that he had chosen German as a foreign language, since he already knows French, and English is spoken at school, so he thought of German as second language. Soon we will be able to speak German to each other ! 

In the afternoons Adeline and I visited each other, to see something else then the same walls all the time. I also selected interesting posts to keep for a book which took me some time, and memories came back again. 

Meanwhile I also had booked our cruise on the Danube filled in all the documents and sent them back, everything by email, that's much faster. Because of all this, I had forgotten my laundry again, that had been in the laundry basket now for 3 days. The laundry was nearly dry but a little wrinkled, I stretched everything and now it looks as if it was ironed. 

Rosie had the same week as me and as activity put her tail from left to right, moved an ear and even yawned once. Here is her resume of the week, during the day she sleeps in her basket but in the evening on my lap to watch my Miss Marple like crime stories.

Rosie's favorite fives !


What is that white stuff ?




 

more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. That's so commendable that Toby saved for his own computer. And it's neat he is learning German.The cruise on the Danube sounds like fun. Rosie has the right idea. That's how I would love to spend cold days--curled up on the couch and drowsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be nice to be a cat. No snow here, of course, but it's windy and rainy and a bit cold. Nice January weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blah weather sometimes leads to things happening in the home that might otherwise get ignored....seems like though you think it was a 'nothing' week, you actually did quite a bit.
    t would take me years to sort out all the pictures we have, both on the computer and in boxes...

    We've just had a teeny bit of snow, but lots of rain and drizzle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the snow doesn't last. Good for Toby for saving for what he wanted and I'm sure you will enjoy being able to speak to him in German. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least snow sounds off light, unlike rain which just makes everything look darker.
    Good on Rosie for being so active!
    Congrats to Toby on his 10/10 in German! And his new toy.
    Ah yes, I remember the mid 70s clothes. Glad I don't have to wear them now.
    Have a good, warmer, busier weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosie is the best example of relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you and Adeline are friends.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun that Toby is taking German and you'll be able to converse in that language too! Love the pics from days gone by. I had a good laugh about the wig being pulled down. My mom in law used to wear wigs all the time in that era too and when my kids were small they inherited them for the dress up box when she decluttered her closet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wise of you to shop for several days. I commend Toby's determination in saving for his own computer. That boy will go far!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !