16 Jan 2023

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND JANUARY 14







Pookie

 

 

Linking to AWWW MONDAYS

*********

WEEKEND 

Saturday waking up I thought I stay in bed whole day ! The wind whistled around the building and the rain knocked at the windows. Although my apartment is very silent, there suddenly was a lot of noise.

After a cup of coffee I thought I just will watch some sunny places in the world, when suddenly I realized that my friend Dominique would come after lunch ! I quickly prepared Rick's room for her and checked my fridge for eatable things, fortunately she is an easy uncomplicated girl and I just didn't have to make any special arrangements. 

She arrived at 2.30 pm, and told me that the driving had been awful because of the strong wind and the rain, and she almost cancelled our appointment. But once arrived, we studied all travel agencies which offered River cruises on the Danube. 

Finally we found the ideal one, a wonderful cruise on the river, with everything included from Brussels to Bucarest and return, and on Monday I will see if there are still a cabin available.

We both felt better immediately and I looked on YouTube to see if anyone had filmed this cruise. And then we saw our journey and could already start dreaming about it. Suddenly we didn't see the awful weather outside anymore. 

For supper I had gnocchi with mozzarella cheese, spinach and cherry tomatoes. Dominique had never eaten this Italian dish and liked it very much.  After supper we watched a funny movie and went then to bed. 

Rosie was so pleased about this visit that she sang out loud all night and raced around the apartment distributing her mice. Poor Dominique woke up several times! I didn't hear anything as I had my earplugs. 

On Sunday morning we had agreed that she doesn't have to wait for breakfast for me or the other way around so she slept until she woke up and I did the same and then we met in the living room, both in our bathrobes and I had my coffee. Then we dreamed again about our cruise and chatted until suddenly it was noon, and maybe time to get dressed. Which we did. Outside it was the same weather as the day before and we were happy to stay in the warmth and had lunch in front of the TV, cheese, rice biscuits, grapes and tangerines while watching "Johnny English" and laughing terribly, which was good for us. 

Before heading home, Dominique lay down for half an hour, she gets tired quickly with her Parkinson's. Since she is the ideal guest who doesn't do any work at all and eats what's on the table, I didn't have to clean anything up and wrote this post.

 

12 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lovely weekend. You did all the right things to ignore the awful weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a nice visit by Dominique. I've cruised on the Danube and it was a wonderful trip. Unlike sea cruising, there are no days at sea where you can't leave the boat. You are right in the centre of towns each day, just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great to have such a good friend and we hope you can get a spot on the cruise and have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dominiwque sounds an ideal visitor; uncomplicated and cooperative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pookie is a good looking cat. The eyes have it.

    I'm glad you had a great visit with your friend. You had a delicious dinner and your upcoming cruise looks like grand fun.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. Scritches to Rosie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dominique sounds like the perfect guest! I am intrigued by the video you watched Johnny English and so I have reserved the videos available at our library! Thanks for the tip! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like a lovely weeked. I cruise on the Danube sounds perfect. I think I would like to od a river cruise one day but not a sea cruise. The ships for sea cruises are too big and I know I would hate it. Small river boats are more my thing. Poor Rosie must have been very excited to have a guest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice for you to have such easy company and hopefully a cruise to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The meal looks delicious and the cat content. The warmth of your friendship with Dominique is golden! It's so cozy inside when it's raining outside. And now you have a wonderful new trip to dream about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pookie was a beautiful tabby! Looks like a sweetheart!
    I think that cruise will be amazing!

    Hope your stormy weather has left your area, by now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cats can be comfortable lying in ways that would give us back aches....

    ReplyDelete
  12. We could use some sunshine here, in North Idaho.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !