13 Jan 2023

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

It becomes real difficult to discribe my week, This was the second week in the new year and I was still under antibiotics and felt tired and without energy. I would say fortunately we had a lousy weather rain each day so anyway not very attractive to go out. 

Fortunately I had to write  for my Blog, answer comments,  and still working on my photos. 

But one day, I pushed my computer aside, went in Rick's room and emptied the two big travel bags which were still standing in a corner because I hadn't the courage to empty them. There were 3 in total so one is left. 

To my surprise it went rather quick, One bag to give away for charity, one bag to be kept and the rest were decorations and photos which I put in a drawer. New T-shirts I kept for myself as pajamas, I was very satisfied with myself, that after 7 months I had found the courage and emptied at least two bags. The rest I will do another day.

I also followed on the Belgian Television what was said about the poor rich boy Harry and his horrible family !  He probably thought that now everybody will pity and understand him, but I got the impression it was the opposite, even that they made fun of him. Best thing to do for the FIRM is to continue their motto "Never explain, never complain" in this case at least. One thing is for sure I would never buy this book, I prefer to spend the money for something more important.

I had ordered a cane with a seat, not for walking but for sitting. When I travel and the guide gives long explanations I sometimes need to sit down to get my breathing back. It's very practical I can carry it over my shoulder and unfold it when I need it. It was the first time I put my nose outside to pick up the cane, I intended to do some shopping too, but I was too exhausted. The antibiotics make you weak. 

Once a year I have to ask to verify my gas heating and finally after having called three times they came this week. The yearly check up I have to pay but reparations are for the landlord.

For the moment there are the Inspector Barnaby's series on TV, I mean the new one, the nephew and everybody speaks perfectly French. Rick loved these series too and counted the murders and then he calculated the average per film. He arrived at 4 murders. So I also counted but this time there were only three. Probably tomorrow there will be more to keep the average. It's amazing that there are still people alive in the little Midsummer villages. The first Inspector told once in an interview that he had solved 200 murders. 


Nearly every day I am very spoiled by cat Rosie. This time I found my slippers "stuffed". 

On other days she puts her mouse or mice in her food bowl especially when she is not happy with her menu.




more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Well, despite your flu issues you seem too have been rather productive nonetheless!
    That cane with a seat sounds like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it must have been challenging to empty those bags but I know you'll feel better for having done it. Your seat sounds a great idea for your travels. Ha ha yes Midsomer is not a place I would choose to live - the odds of getting murdered are VERY high. Have a good weekend - hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take it easy! Well done for starting a difficult task. You're not clearing Rick away, just tidying up after him. As for 'Spare' - once again, we are a laughing stock with this dim man's book publication. Is there nothing more important going on in the world?

    ReplyDelete
  4. as an American I coud care less what the royal family does. However I watched the docuseries on Netflix about megan and harry and i must say that i do feel sorry for them, the UK media (and probably the US A as well) is horrible to that family. Leave them alone Better yet, how about ENgland do away with the monarchy??!! good grief it's the 21st century. hahaha
    Glad you could empty the bags and get some closure. Sounds like you are doing much better.
    Have a restful weekend. hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Media has told us all that might be interesting in the book by Le Suppleant, including his frost bitten penis.
    I am very interested about this cane with a seat. Can you show us photos?
    Barnaby speaks in French on your tv?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are big Midsommer Murder fans, too. We started recently watching from the beginning. Now we're at season 6 maybe? I think that those people are all mean and deadly and like you I am surprised anyone still lives there.
    I know it is hard, but you did a good job going through those two bags.
    Have a good weekend. I hope your rain has gone away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're feeling better. It's probably good the worst of it happened during the rain when you wouldn't want to go out anyway.

    It's good you got to empty out a couple of Rick's bags. A little bit as a time as you feel up for it.

    I'm not much into the royal family. I don't plan to read Harry's book.

    I've seen something like those canes that convert to a seat. Very handy! I've been places where I really needed to sit down for a bit, but there was nowhere to sit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't see my self buy "Spare" either. But I haven't bought or check out from library on current Royals.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did well emptying the bags. That must have made you feel a little better. The cane with a seat sound perfect for your trips.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Rosie is too funny. Cats have a way of telling you what they want :) I totally understand about antibiotics. I once went off food for a while month after I had them a lost quite a bit of weight. I hope you'll feel better this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rosie in your slipper is so cute. Not having energy is so hard. Hopefully you'll soon be back to your normal energy levels. That was quite a task emptying the bags. Good for you for finding that courage to deal with the bags. It must feel good and sad at the same time. After watching the documentary on Netflix I did feel sympathy for the couple but now in trying to bring about change I think they are overplaying their hand and people are beginning to perceive them as whining.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !