9 Jan 2023

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND JANUARY 7





 Where is the intruder ?

 

linking to AWWW MONDAY
 
 
 
 ********
 
 
WEEKEND JANUARY 7
 
As after one week I still was not feeling better I finally called our doctor, I never had needed her, but I knew her very well because she had taken care of Rick. Normally she doesn't home visits on a Friday, but knowing me, she even insisted and  only 2 h later she rang at the door. We understand each other very well and I think she had taken her lunchtime to have a bit more time to chat with me; The diagnostic was quickly done, I was victim of the flu epidemic we have in Belgium for the moment, I had taken the right medication and as after a week I still didn't feel better, she prescribed me antibiotics 
 
We talked about Rick and my new life and how I miss him. It was really nice to talk to her. Now that I am "out of work" I miss him even more, for practical things like shopping, running to the pharmacy or getting on my nerves asking me all 5 min how I feel. With eagle eyes he watched over me that I took my pills at time, and stood at the door when I took a shower, in case I would fall. That was my problem, which I solved easily, I didn't shower, I washed myself in the sink. It's better to die dirty then slipping in the shower and break my neck. 
 
Of course several people offered me to do the shopping or help me if I would need something, and I found it so cute that everybody's first question was if Rosie had enough to eat ! To eat she had enough but I ran out of sand for her litter box which was immediately bought by Isabelle ! Adeline bought me fruits and yogurt and the others asked each morning a "health report" ! 
 
But still I felt alone, although I was so thankful that so many people took care of me. A little phone call was already enough. 
 
I hope that the rest of the year will be better then this awful start ! 


 
Rosie keeps her eyes on me !

10 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better soon. Sometimes being alone is tough, but at least you have the cat to be with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness flu is not a good thing to have but glad to hear your Doctor visited and hopefully the antibiotics will help you feel better. Home visits from GPs are unheard of here these days - you'd need to be at death's door I think. You definitely did the right thing moving into your apartment with good neighbours and friends around you now that you are on your own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww on the bunnies and Rosie. Adorable.

    I'm sorry you started your year off with the flu. It's going around indeed. I'm impressed with your doctor making a house call. That's wonderful. Take care of yourself and get well.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean. It's fairly scary being alone and feeling unwell, when you can't go out. Luckily we both have some good friends and we must not be afraid to ask for their help. Your GP sounds marvellous. I haven't seen one for ages and there is no such things as a 'family GP' any more. They seem mostly to be locums.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are already feeling better! Rosie is such a doll- so sweet! AS are those awdorable bunnies! You could get a shower chair- if you were our neighbor I would loan you ours to see if you like it! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gave up the bath tub which I think is dangerous for elderly people. The shower is a safer replacement, but still we have to be very careful. I wear the mask when I go out and believe it prevents transmission of the flu. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rosie is wondering who all those other furballs are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love rabbits. I hope the antibiotics will help you feel better and that you will be able to go out soon. It's nice that there are people who are concerned about you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hallelujah for that kind doctor to make a house call. Hope you are starting to feel better, by now.
    Those were cute bunnies! And of course so is Rosie!
    You have a nice little circle of good friends to make sure all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, you know the saying, 'Things can only get better' - let's hope that's true and life looks up with lengthening days and sunshine.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !