25 Aug 2022

HODGEPODGE AUGUST 25

 

1. August 24th is National Waffle Day...what's something you've 'waffled' on recently? 

Probably about the weather, from this theme on you can waffle around the whole world, talking a lot and saying nothing !


 or about my little companion, as she does marathon sleeps, it's easy to waffle on her

To the Waffle day, I live in a waffle country, in fact these two types of waffles are national dishes. Belgium is famous for its waffles

These are the Liege waffles, served usually with powder sugar and whipped cream

2. Do you like waffles? Make your own or 'leggo my Eggo? Any favorite toppings or add-ins? Waffles or pancakes-which do you prefer?  

I like both, they are not comparable to me

These are the Brussels waffles which you can decorate as you wish there are so many recepes and they are all delicious.

3. Do you have any momentos from this summer (or past summers)? What do you do with them? 

No, I have nothing, the last two summers were rather awful for me. Maybe one thing I found in a file and which dropped on my feet, was the wedding band of Rick, which had to be cut off before a surgery, because his finger was too thick to take it off. I didn't know that he had had it repaired but still couldn't wear it, now its me, I found a finger to put it on !


4. One thing you'd like to do before summer ends? 

Go to the sea

5. Life is too short ..... to get angry at people who have no behavour  and pretend not to see a person they know very well, just because they are cowards,

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Besides the fact that I am still getting letters from different administrations, which I sent per email to my notary, I started to think about my future. I have lots of plans in my mind, but for the moment there are still school holidays and Belgium sleeps. In fact the whole country sleeps for two months and that's probably why I get double and triple administration letters. Reminders of things which have been done it's a shame ! But as you say life is to short .... 

 




 
 
 
 
 
 
If you have difficulties to comment, just scroll down to :
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) 
click on it and then you can comment ! 
 
I have the same on other blogs and it took me quite some time to find out ! 

4 comments:

  1. That's nice that you are wearing Rick's ring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like waffles, but it's been a long time since I've had them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get to the sea
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your #5.
    I love to gobble up waffles! I make my own in a waffle iron.
    That ring was a real find of hidden treasure! Now you have a wee bit of Rick with you all the time, so to speak. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !