7 Apr 2022

HODGEPODGE APRIL 6

1. What puts a spring in your step these days? 

 

Spring's moving in is delayed this year. Therefore I sit inside and wait for warmer days to come and wake me up from my winter lack of energy ! 

2. April 2nd was National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day. Did you celebrate? Do you like PB and J? If so how do you like yours? What's your favorite kind of jelly?

I have seen (and tasted) for the first time in my life Peanut butter in 1971 in the States when I stayed with my American aunt. I found it disgusting and Rick too. We are not "sweet" people and usually don't eat yelly either. Peanut butter is very hard to find in European countries in Belgium it's even banned because it's not good for children who have weight problems. Peanut butter is said to make people fat.

3. What's a memory you associate with spring flowers? 

The special smell of spring in the air and that everything looks so fresh and new.

4. Three things on your spring bucket list? Do you have a spring bucket list? If not pretend you do. 

I don't have bucket lists, not in spring and not in the whole year long ! If I do a bucket list, I would do everything which is not on the list. If I have none, I do my things which I need to do moment by moment or day by day or not at all or in 10 years.

 

5. One place you will travel this spring? (It might be Europe or it might be the grocery store)


Unfortunately I can't travel this spring as Rick becomes more and more weak and confused and I don't want to be away if something happens to him.  I had booked for a 3 days wellness stay to get a bit destressed, but I cancelled, I wouldn't be relaxed knowing him ill. Fortunately my apartment is so nice with a beautiful view, that I feel almost on holidays and at least closer to him !

 6. Insert your own random thought here. 

It seems to me that this week  I really realized that I am a widow whose husband is still alive, if you can call this a life. Where is the man who was my support, my friend, my love and with whom I formed a team that lasted over 50 years and we still love each other. He said that to me the last time I visited him, although his head is all confused. He doesn't like long visits from me, I think that somewhere he is aware that he's just a shadow of himself and in his eyes I'm still that young girl he once met at "Club Italia". And that hurts. I've gotten used to it, at least I think so,that by now I only see the shadow of the man he once had been.




5 comments:

  1. We have topsy-turvy weather around here, too. Winter and spring are battling it out, that is for sure!

    I am so sorry for you. I see this at my work, too. Its such a sad thing, when the people I care for are but shadows of who they once were...but when they have a bright moment its time to hug them and enjoy that sunshine part of their day.

    Hugs to you...big ones.
    ((((( ♥ )))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can't be easy to see Rick as he is. Our Grand Prix is underway. Do you think he will take an interest and watch some it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you're going through that; sounds sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very sorry.

    I do like peanut butter and jam. I prefer cherry or blueberry jam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BIg hugs to you. I'm so sorry you two are going through this. Your view is very lovely. I LOVE the last set of photos you shared.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !