28 Apr 2022

HODGEPODGE APRIL 28

1. What does the word values mean to you personally? Where did your values come from? What are some of the values that have guided you throughout your life? 

What does "Value" mean to me ? First I thought something of value, like a ring or jewelry in general, but then I opted for a more personal meaning. Values to me are :

Loyalty, fidelity, compassion, honesty, and kindness

2. Your favorite vanilla flavored something? 

Nothing ! I don't like vanilla flavor only when it is mixed with chocolate (an ice cream for example)

3. What's something you've seen/done recently that you found to be very difficult, very confusing, very helpful, very interesting, or very special. Elaborate. 

It was not very interesting or special but very difficult, very confusing  ! To connect my computer HP to a HP printer. It was said that it is very easy. First I didn't even try, I had never done it that had always been Rick's job. But now that he hardly knows what a computer is I had asked my young neighbor girls if one of them could do it. She spent two hours and one afternoon and hurrah, it spit out two pages one saying in German "Congratulations your printer is now connected" hopefully everybody knows German and then in English all the references, but I live in a French speaking country, fortunately most of the words remained English also in French ! Next day I tried to print again and nothing happened. Now it was my ambition to find out what was not working. It was connected, everything looked right, the German congratulations had confirmed it but still the printer didn't print. After a whole morning I gave up and called another friend. She came next day stayed 3 h and then left, she had to go to the doctor and my printer is still connected, the paper is right, everything is OK but it doesn't print ! Now I have to wait that somebody has time to find the "error" which is now mentioned in my computer. Phewww ! 

4. Something you own and love that is violet in color? 



I have quite a lot of purple in my home mostly combined with orange. Maybe what I like the most is an amethyst ring and necklace
 
The cover of Rosie's armchair has also purple colors
 

5. Do you have vacation plans on the calendar this summer? Tell us more. 

I would have plans and my head is full of destinations and things to see, but unfortunately I can't go far because I don't want to be away when Rick is so ill. I will do some day excursions. That's better then nothing.  I will see.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

This week I stated that the days are too short, and I loose time when I have to do my weekly shopping for food. I hate it but if we (cat Rosie and I will not starve, I have to  !) I am so busy with my blog posts the best once which I want to have printed as a book. Now imagine I have to check each post from 2006 on, correct it a bit and divide it into chapters, childhood, my time as a single, the adventures of a young married couple, motherhood, and then towards the end (not really) It takes a lot of time, and I am not always in the mood either, but I enjoy it because I notice that I had a quite adventurous life. 

And when I want to rest my eyes, I just lift my eyes and see this 





 

2 comments:

  1. Printers have always driven me mad and we must have had six. They were better when the were connected with wires rather than via the router or whatever. They should just easily connect these days without needing expert help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice collection of 'Hodge-Podge', Gattina! I feel you on the woes of computer issues.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !