13 Jan 2022

HODGEPODGE JANUARY 12

1. What do you wish you'd done more of last year? Less of? 

 Not having been so sad and feeling alone, and not so stressed and less sensitive  

2. What's the tallest building you've ever been in? Do you have a fear of heights? 

It was the Empire State building in the seventies, there were no higher building in New York at that time, I remember that I stayed inside behind the glass and looked down on the traffic which looked like a line of flees and the people like full stops or commas ! And yes I have fear of height when I in open air, inside it's better when I look down even when it's very high. I remember when I was pregnant we had two seats on the second floor of the opera, Wonderful view, only it was too high for me and I got dizzy and sick. We had to leave ! And that was really not high !

3. Do you have a word for the year? Elaborate if you'd like to elaborate. 


4. January 11 is National Milk Day...are you a milk drinker? What kind? Your favorite recipe that calls for milk (cereal doesn't count)? 

I hate milk it's smell makes me sick already ! It was a big drama in my childhood because I refused to drink milk, My mother was worried about my health and my father thought that all children in the world drink milk, and he loved it. But they could stand on their heads I still refused to drink milk ! I don't remember what they gave me instead because in 1947 there was certainly no replacement like soja milk.  Strange and rather funny was that Rick was allergic to milk and later our son too, but there I was lucky, soja milk existed. But I love everything which is made with milk, like cheese, yogurts etc.. 

and cows

5. What excites you most about the future? What do you miss about the past? 

Difficult to say what I don't know I don't miss and there is nothing interesting in the future maybe robots for the housecleaning and all things I don't like to do ?

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

No special thoughts, I always wish the same that Rick's Parkinson gets better, but that is rather utopistic and why are we not yet in spring ??


 


 

5 comments:

  1. The tallest building I've been in was the CN Tower in Toronto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was born in Toronto long before the CN Tower was even invented!! But yes, I have been in there a few times...and in the towers at Niagara Falls, too.

      Delete
  2. I love your spring image!! So bright and cheerful!

    I don't drink real milk either, though I do use cream in my coffee... I always think milk is for baby cows, and we are peeps not cows! LOL! One of my sons is a vegan so he shuns all milk and related products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my friend. First off; I'd like to say it's good to see you comment on my blog again. Thanks! I did so much [work] last year, I can't think what should be more...
    The tallest building I was in was in 2005 in Chesterfield. The church with the crooked spire. Tower was not so tall but slants. I was not nervous at all and afterwards the sextant allowed me to ring the bells. Very difficult
    I live on a dairy farm - see cows grazing just beyond my garden. But I don't drink milk. At boarding school in the 60's I was forced to drink milk; it was unpasteurized and in my mid thirties I was diagnosed with TB of the kidney. Which I had to have removed.
    The future... not sure. I live one day at a time. The past. I don't miss much. I enjoy progress.
    I was touched by your wish that Rick could get better. My random thought is that I win the lottery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate milk too but I love cheese, yoghurts and all that stuff. These days I use coconut or almond milk.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !