14 Jan 2022

FRIDAY"s FAVE FIVE

When on Monday I opened the curtains, I thought the houses and trees in front of my window had disappeared probably due to the Corona Virus or the Global Warming.  Fortunately it didn't last the whole day but only in the morning.

To open an account in a Bank and deposit money these days becomes as difficult as getting an audience with the Pope. 

Nothing works without an appointment, so I listened to the whole menu and finally explained that I only wanted to open an account. I got my appointment. I arrived on time and was welcomed, not exactly with a red carpet, but at least the lady was very friendly. 

Two hours later I was still sitting in my chair, the lady had a red face and two colleagues were there to help her open an account "online". Apparently they weren't used to it. Finally, the youngest solved the problem in two minutes. The advantage of this kind of account is, that you don't have to pay any fees because it is ... online.  

I was nearly thrown out because the bank wanted to close. Armed with a note on which everything should be written, I returned home. I was exhausted but my saving account was ready to save (what ??)

The next day I went to Rick to pay him a visit and deliver him 4 packages of wafels 10 per package. That should last a week but often he claimed for more. Unfortunately it doesn't increase his weight and he still looks very skinny. He seems to feel better because for the first time he greeted me with "Ah it's you, I am watching a movie" ! Good sign because at least he watching TV again which he hadn't done for months.

My son had asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I choose these earrings which should represent a cat's paw, but I am not so sure that people will find out. Anyway the benefit of these earrings went to a cat's shelter. It arrived 2 weeks after Christmas ! That's called snail mail, because the earrings had been sent in time, but the post office was on slow motion !

They are real small and look cute.

Miss Rosie during night tidies up the whole apartment and also feeds her mouse ! This is what I saw in the morning

Besides the battle between vaccinated and unvaccinated fills the news, I wonder about what they would talk without the virus. All wars are now at the end of the news !

Nothing special happened and I wait that spring moves in !



more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

8 comments:

  1. The earrings look very pretty but what a shame you didn't get them in time for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I give you credit for watching the news. I avoid it nowadays. I"m SO done with people talking about the Virus. It's a VIRUS. Let's move on. we don't go around talking about the flu or head colds, do we?????


    Glad your husband is feeling better and enjoying his activities again.

    I hope you and your kitty have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The earrings are pretty. We have had problems with mail here too - all blamed on staff absences due to Covid. Fortunately it hasn't affected the refuse collections so far. Glad that Rick seemed a bit better this week. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only read newspapers. I have not watched television news in over a decade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those earrings are very pretty!

    Glad to know that Rick had a pretty good day when you were there. Hope he enjoys his treats!

    Rosie is a cutie pie! At least her mouse friend did not end up as the dinner, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those earrings are lovely! I know you will enjoy wearing them.
    Good news that Rick is eating and watching tv.
    My daughter bought me a Christmas present online but wasn't informed it was coming from China until AFTER she had paid for it. Who knows if or when it will arrive...
    Have a good sunny weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear Rick was doing an activity he hasn't done for a while. Cute earrings and nice that the funds went to a shelter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so strange that the account took so long to open. You'd think they do that regularly--a lot of people prefer to do their banking online now. Glad it finally worked out and that Rick seemed better this week. The earrings are cute, and it's nice the proceeds support a shelter. It's odd, some things we ordered got here right away, others took longer.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !