29 Oct 2021

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

Actually, I didn't want to do anything and rest from the weekend, but if I didn't want to starve to death I had to fill the fridge. Which I then did in the afternoon. Now I have my ready-made meals for at least 2 weeks. There is so much choice in this shop, so that I can eat every day a dish from another country. 

That was the first day of the week. 

The next day was Scrabble and for the first time in a long time I won. We drove home a bit earlier, I don't see well when it's dark and I can't find my glasses with which are made especially for the night, like sunglasses for the sun ! So I am not dazzled by the headlights.

With two friends we wanted to visit Mr G, and arrived in the middle of Halloween festivities of the Home ! There were a lot of witches and soft sweets and biscuits The entertainer a young woman read horror stories to the oldies and one lady told her not to complain if all residence screem for help because they all make nightmares.

It was really very nice to see that everybody had a lot of fun except two who slept peacefully without nightmares,  but soft snoring ! I was a bit surprised Halloween was never very much celebrated or not known at all, but times change ! For many of them it was the first time !

Unfortunately Mr. G. didn't feel well and preferred to sleep and stay in his room. I just brought him his laundry and water bottles and then  let him sleep.

This week we didn't go to a restaurant, because we were all not well and one has gone to France to visit her mother who is in a home. She is one of those people who absolutely do not want to be vaccinated. So she has to do a PCR (?) Test to get over the border, cannot go to a restaurant or hotel and has to do a second test to see her mother. 

At the beginning we laughed, but now we find it childish and nobody can really understand her. One day she will probably be vaccinated after all. More and more there is a discussion about making vaccination mandatory. 

Somehow the shadow of the coronavirus still hangs over everything. From November 1st we have to show our "safety ticket" if we want to go in a restaurant, cinema etc. like they do already in France. 

All of this and Mr. G's health condition doesn't exactly lift my mood, luckily I can take a variety of autumn pictures out of my living room window.


 It changes every day !

The only one who is always happy is cat Rosie who sleeps the whole day and flies through the apartment during night and plays and puts rugs in other places, while I have to sleep with earplugs. But that doesn't bother me. 


 


 

 

more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

9 comments:

  1. I am having my booster vac tomorrow. I can't see how this Covid will ever go away. We will just have to live with it but to do that everyone needs to be vaccinated. The colours from you window look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the autumn pictures taken out of your window are mind blowing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish EVERY Country would mandate the vaccine but I'm guessing that won't happen. I truly don't understand why people are against something that can save lives. It boggles my mind. I have ONE sister who refuses to get it and sadly, I have a lot of friends who won't. It's ridiculous.

    I hope your husband is feeling better soon.

    HAPPY HALLOWEEN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Rosie eyes. They're mesmerizing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosie looks awfully mischievous there. :-) The Halloween festivities sound fun. When I was growing up, it was just a kids thing. Now adults have Halloween parties, too.

    I'm sorry Mr. G. was not feeling well. Hope you find your glasses. Congratulations on winning Scrabble!

    The fall tress look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly those who can get vax and don't is going to keep this covid going. I can't say much there plenty non vax people here.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your views from your balcony are so colorful!

    We had a Halloween 'do' at my work the other day, too. It was a lot of good fun. And yes, some residents sleep all the way though, LOL!

    I hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't want to listen to all the scary stories either--I'd have the nightmares.
    I hope Mr. G feels better now.
    Rosie is always a joy to see and so are your balcony photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The view from your home is gorgeous especially all dressed in the fall colors. Sorry Mr. G. is not feeling well again. Watching our loved ones ill is not fun. Praying for you both. Funny how halloween is just making it's way over to your area of the world. It is so over the top here it's mind boggling. It is definitely not a holiday I enjoy. Well except for the treats. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !