14 Sept 2021

ORCHARD FESTIVAL

Each year except the last two years there is an Orchard Festival in Waterloo. Usually it is always very nice, people meet and chat, there is a lot to eat and drink and quite a lot of games for the kids.  

This year it was a "Covid" Orchard Festival. Almost nothing to see except "organic" stuff, like glass cases in fabric, or covers in fabric for school books ! The animals which each year were the joy of the children and adults weren't there either, apparently the protection of animals had forbidden it I wonder if they were afraid that the sheep, alpacas, horses, goats and chicken etc would catch the Covid version Waterloo. 

I walked around I wanted to take nice pictures with my new smartphone, but there were not many people there and those who came and had a look returned quickly home ! It's really a pity. Or you should organize this festival like each year or better don't do it at all !

And that's what I saw during my walk. I was glad that my grandson and his friend weren't with me, therewas not even an ice cream.

When I arrived I saw  a few kids climbing on a tree with the help of a cord, but not much spectators


This tractor attracted the attention of a few children, who climbed on it and suddenly the thing started to move ! A police woman saw it, screemed hysterically another policemen arrived and also a few men and they tried to stop this heavy thing. That at least was a kind of "Show".

When I saw this dog I immediately liked him he was only 6 month old and a mixture of two breads. Such a friendly dog he liked me too because he followed me and his young master had to follow his dog

This was the only food stand where you could eat fried sausages !


Not many people compared to the crowds of the other years, where you hardly could find a bench to sit


Go green !


empty spaces

Normally this way is packed with people !


 
Something to see ! The police demonstrated how important safty belts are !


Then there was a show with police dogs who are able to find drugs, money, jewelry, 
corpses etc but not yet the Corona Virus

And here was the same festival three years ago ! There the children my grandson included had a lot of fun.



more participants here

7 comments:

  1. That's a bit sad. Of course the tractor moved. It needed to be on level ground. I guess a child released the handbrake.

    I remember seeing those colourful outdoor chairs in Toronto. I've neve seen them here.

    At least the police demonstration sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pity there were so few things to do and see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a shame, we are living in terrible times. At least we have our memories of better times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apple festival looks fun.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its like that here,too with so called festivals and outdoor gatherings. Even our airshow was very subdued...almost boring...sigh...

    ope the next one will be more memorable. Good thing the police were quick to stave off a disaster with that tractor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope for more next year. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !