16 Sept 2021

HODGEPODGE SEPTEMBER 14

1. How would you define 'old'? At what age is someone old ?

For me personally the numbers written in my birth certificate don't count at all but how i feel and honestly I'm still as goofy as I was as a teenager and my son even calls me childish. There are people who are born old and stay old all their lives! I'm really sorry for them. 


 

2. A place you've been that's old? Tell us something about your visit there. 

Living in Europe we have a lot of old things if they were not demolished and replaced by glass boxes. I have been this week in a restaurant which was the old farm Mont St Jean dating from the 18. century which Wellington  used as hospital  for the wounded soldiers during the Waterloo battle in 1815.

 

3. Something you miss about the 'good old days'? When were they anyway? 

Good old days ?? I don't miss anything, I am always for new inventions, had already a dishwasher in the 60th, of course a washing machine too and a car. When I compare my life to that of my grandma I certainly miss nothing from the so said "good days" !

4. In what way are you a 'chip off the old block'? Or if you'd rather, in what way is your child a 'chip off the old block'? 

Once again I had to google to understand the "chip off the old block" ? Apparently in my case I am the second  edition of my aunt, my mother's sister. We not only looked very similar, but we also had the same adventurous character. Lots of people thought she was my mother, which made my mother very jaleous, and she once said "you are just like my sister" which in her eyes was an insult, for me a compliment.

5. Old fashioned, Old Testament, old timer, same old same old, old glory, good old boy, old wives tale...choose an 'old' phrase that relates to something in your life or the wider world currently and explain. 

I like the "old wives tale " where storks bring babies. There is a town in Morocco near Rabat called Chellah were hundres of storks stay. I have never seen so many storks in my whole life and thought if every one brings us babies the world will explode !

 6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I notice that people have changed since these lockdowns. Wherever you go to have a bit of fun

 you still have to play bank robber and wear a mask, except when you assist a football match (soccer) there your face can be uncovered ! Everybody is tired, quickly aggressive, and the shops or boutiques have old stuff on sale from two years ago ! I wonder if we will ever get back to what we called normal.

 

 

8 comments:

  1. In Norway there were no storks (too far north) and I always wondered where all of their children came from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some months ago I remarked to a bank teller how I felt like a robber every time I came in with a mask.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Point 4 was extra interesting. Don't worry, the new normal won't be so bad. I hope it arrives before we depart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answers. We visited Europe in 2019 and loved all the old buildings and history. I'd love to visit the east coast of the US. We live on the west coast and I would just love to see all the old buildings and history of the east side of the states.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think after the age of 70, we usually start to feel old age.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good old days...LOL!!! The good old days were when kids played outside and didn't spoend hours infront of a computer...


    And yes, my birth certificate tells it like it is, but in my work (In a nursing home) I can work circles around those who could easily be my grandchildren. When I once heard a couple of them discussing the fact that they felt old now that they were 'of age' I told them how old I was...they almost fell off their chairs!!
    That was fun and NO I do not feel like retiring anytime soon...I love what I do and it keeps me young, at least I think the fitness level needed for that work keeps me young.
    I enjoy the interaction with the elderly and helping them is a good thing...and if I can make them smile or even laugh, well, then I know I have done most of my work for this person...and the rest of my day with him or her will be that much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oopsie, I forgot the notify me button...I must be forgetful cause I am old...LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find it interesting how old Europe is compare to United States.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !