2 Sept 2021

HODGEPODGE AUGUST 31

1. As we begin this brand new month tell us, on a scale of 1-10, where does your life fall in terms of being in 'apple pie order'? Please elaborate. (1=nowhere near it, 10=practically perfect in every way) 

 I only eat apple pie from time to time. I prefer appels like they fall from the tree ! I peel them, cut them in little cubes and that's my desert every day ! 2 for lunch and two for supper. Sometimes as a special treat I put some whipped cream on the cubes. I do this for years and friends wonder that I don't have enough of all these apples per day ! I only make an exception when I am on holidays.

Rosie presents one of my appels

A modern art apple

2. An apple a day keeps the doctor away...are you doing your part? Red or green? Sweet or tart? Ever played the game Apples to Apples? Do you like apple pie? If so, ala mode or just gimme the pie?

It seems that the proverb is right for me, I can't remember when I had a cold or was sick ! I love both apples, red or green, doesn't matter, but they have to be big. I have never played a game with apples, or known a game called Apples to Apples

3. Tell us about a time recently where you 'upset the apple cart' or the last time someone 'upset your apple cart'? 

As I have no idea what I should write because I don't really understand  its meaning and as it was used since Roman times and the precise idiom dates from the late 1700, I have an excuse I wasn't born yet.    

4. What are three words that come to mind when you think of September?

I prefer to show my September feelings in pictures



End of summer, colored leaves, rain !  I don't like this month it smells autumn already !

5. What are you most looking forward to this month?

Nothing, except that it doesn't influence my mood and I will see all in black, that also concerns October, November, December, I hope that it goes quickly by and we can hope for spring !

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

With the rollercoaster health of Mr. G I prefer not to think too much. Some days he is OK but has still difficulties to speak the words are missing, and then the next day he is so confused that I can hardly understand what he wants.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm not at all sure about the medical benefit of apples as in 'an apple a day keeps the doctor away'. I love apples in baked goods (pies, strudel etc..). I think their greatest benefit is their long shelf life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An aunt and uncle, and then their son, farmed apples, so we always had a good supply.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !