17 Aug 2021

DINANT - A QUAINT LITTLE TOWN IN BELGIUM

Dinant is one of the most beautiful little towns in Belgium. ... So if you are wondering if Dinant is worth visiting, my answer is yes, absolutely! It's a local's favorite and a great place for those looking to explore Belgium deeper and beyond the most popular tourist cities in Flanders. That's why I made together with three friends and excursion by bus to this city. Unfortunately the weather was not the best but at least it only rained when we were inside !

As we were all a little rusty and didn't want to walk too much, we decided to take twice the cruise which took us along the shore with all these beautiful and colorful houses and also the rocks. 

And here I show you what we saw !

Our little group the one to the right is my new neighbor

You could rent electric boats and drive yourself without driver licence

All the long of the Meuse river there is a rocky landscape

The inventor of the saxophone Adolph Sax was born in Dinant. On this bridge all European countries had put a special  saxophone. This here is from Germany



Above Dinant there is the famous Citadel of Dinant, an ancient fortress












lots of restaurants in front of the river






Our boat



 

It is a very long time ago that a coffee was served this way. When I first lived in Belgium I had never seen such coffee filters before. I didn't even know that these filters are still available !



more participants here

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely excursion and with nice friends. It reminded me of our trip down the Danube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a terrific town to visit. River and sea cruising is a terrific way to see some European towns and cities, especially Amsterdam and towns and cities along the Danube and Rhine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dinant looks like a lovely place and not one that I had heard of. Glad you had a nice day, though the skies do look a little grey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot about individual coffee filters
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure had a wonderful visit...now I shall have to beg my cousins to take me there if I ever go back to Holland...I sure hope so! (Holland is lots closer to Belgium than Michigan...LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What exquisite architecture and a journey I'm glad you shared. The fortress is a work of art ... so many interesting stories must have evolved from there.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !