20 Aug 2021

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

Summer still stays away in fact I only see the seasons at the trees in front of my balcony. They are still green besides the fact that it still cold and it still rains every day. While in other countries there are terrible heat waves and fires, we have water and flooding. 

On Monday I prepared the room for my friend Claudie who would arrive the next day from the South of France where they have 32°C ! I hope she won't get a cold here now ! 

I picked her up at the Waterloo station when she arrived and she  had to put her jacket on immediately. As it was late afternoon we went home and I showed her around she had seen my appartment only on photos and was enthralled especially the view. We had a nice supper and caught up on all what had happened in the last 2 years. It was so nice to see each other again !

The next day we went together with Myriam to our favorite restaurant "La dolce Vita" and had an excellent lunch. Then we returned home because Chantal wanted to come and also say hello to Claudie. She could come and have lunch with us because her jaw was stuck and she could only eat liquid. In my street here is also an osteopath and she hoped that he could unstuck her.

We also visited Mr. G. who was happy and proud to show her his room and new home and we stayed with him the afternoon and had fun with the other residence. I know Claudie since 2007 through our blogs and ever since we meet each other once in my home once in hers ! The last 3 years it was not possible first there was problems with the airplane companies and then the Covid spoiled our lives and put us into prison. 

Today we visited the African museum in Brussels/Tervueren, which had been closed for 5 years and had been completely renovated. I knew the old one but not the new.


 It is very interesting and tells the story of the Belgian Congo and African culture. I will write about it when I have more time, for the moment I enjoy my time with Claudie.

 


more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

6 comments:

  1. 'Well, you've got a bit of Dolce Vita with your friend Claudie. You look the same in both photos, of 2017 and 2021 - unchanged. The african museum in Brussels sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to be able to see Claudie again. You must have so much to catch up on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to have a visitor. Enjoy the time with your friend. Yes the weather is not like summer at all but here at least it has been a bit drier this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoy your self at your favorite restaurant.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool to meet up with a blogging friend! Hope the weather gets better for you to have a great time!
    In 1975, I was in the Netherlands in September...and we had a dump of snow! Wow, even in Canada or here in Michigan, we don't get snow that early. Sometimes October but not September...

    Nice that Mr G was feeling hearty and could enjoy the company, too.
    Enjoy the rest of your visit.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !